What to do with a 7foot prop blade?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You could give it to me..

I've got a prop from a 152 in my dining room... i don't think that thing would fit in here tho... hey, prop art! lol... the ex-girlfriend was gonna make a lamp out of an old Lycoming cylinder head, but i left before she finished it..

I have aquired a prop blade from an aircraft, about 7foot tall and 14" wide. Anyone have any ideas on what to do with it? It came out of Greybull, Wy (H&P's yard), I was told that it came off of the aircraft that was in "The Flight of the Phoenix"
You might have a real piece of aviation history if you can document that it came from the Phoenix. Frank Tallman and Paul Mantz were famous Hollywood stunt pilots appearing in many movies. Check this out.

http://www.check-six.com/Crash_Sites/Mantz-P1.htm

The airplane that was in Flight of the Phoenix that was recently produced was a C-119G. It was sold, I believe, and the propellers that were on it were still on it. If it wasn't sold, I know it was for sale.

The original airplane in the original Jimmy Stewart Flight of the Phoenix was a C-82, and it wasn't H&P's C-82. Theirs was the last Packet still flying, and it was sold at auction this summer.

I was told that the prop came off the same bird, but not when the film was made. Anyone know how to post pics here?

Avbug, do you know that they are cutting up alot of the old birds in Greybull? That is how my father came about the prop. What one could do with all those old A/C

Avbug, I'm back in Wyoming now, Back in Worland. Not that I'm flying, though. It's good to be back near the mountains, though. I'm keeping my eyes open for flying jobs. They are really scarace.

Wyoming's "hometown airline" and largest pilot employer is always hiring, we need fresh gristle to feed into the maw of the machine. :)

The thing I'd most like to do in WRL is convince that Pepsi pilot to give me a ride in his Stearman.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back