• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what the???...travolta buys qantas 747

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not only does he have probs with the FAA, but now he owes the IRS..what a great guy!

"According to court records obtained by the Los Angeles Times, the 46-year-old actor has agreed to pay disputed losses he claimed from 1993 to 1995. The IRS sought more than $1 million, but Travolta will pay only back taxes, not the nearly $500,000 in penalties."

read the rest here;

http://movies.go.com/news/Todays_Stories/1130/travoltairs113000.html

Actually guys I'm going to have to pull rank on this one.

I know for a FACT that he did buzz houses on islesboro. We have the radar returns from BOS which is the PARSO section if i remember correctly.

We all saw the radar returns and the video was on the news that night.

They had a big hubub at BangorFSS because it landed in it's back door.

Burn me if you wish but i tell you no lies.

UM#1 said:

Whatever, if he could we'd never know, he hasn't bothered to achieve anything past his private certificate, plus Buying a few types from Simuflight and Flight Safety......and plus the fact he has a suspension on his record from the FAA....I put him in the category of Doctor pilots...nothing but money buying flying...

He does have an instrument rating.

TDTURBO said:

He does have an instrument rating.

instrument is just a rating, he has a multi Rating too. But it is all under a private Certificate! my point was that if your going to be flying a 707,GII, or the like around, shooting approachs in some of the biggest airports in the world, flying all over the world for that fact, you should get all the training you can....just my opinion though....

Last edited:
.......and my point was that there is a big difference between a private pilot and a private pilot with an instrument rating. If you want to dissect semantics, a commercial license means alot less than an instrument rating.

....actually an instrument rating is just a rating given to someone who can pass a check ride without any serious realworld actual IFR experience (in most cases). It's the actual experience that really counts and makes you the pilot that you are. A commercial certificate well yeah that doesn't incorporate a who hellauva lot of serious experience but I was refering more towards and ATP rating to go along with all those "Bought" types that JT has. If your going to fly big serious equipment in big serious situations then the proper training should be had.

I agree 100%, an ATP says that you have at least 1500 hrs but I am sure JT has more than double that and since he reportedly flies allot of hard IMC, I would give the nod to a private pilot with 1500+ hrs of instrument filing time with half that in the soup or under the hood. I don't think JT is lacking in the "experience" department so, IMO, he has all the ratings and licenses he'll ever need.

Some of the best pilots in the world don't hold anything more than a private.

I agree that experience is the most important thing when assessing potential pilot abilties, next to that, I think being a high time instrument pilot with allot of actual beats the hell out of a "low time" ATP that lets George fly everyday. If most of JT's hours are single pilot IFR, he has to envy noone, not that he would anyway.:D

If I were JT and flying heavys, I would do the ATPjust because it's there to do. In fact, I am doing it, not because I need to but because it's another rating I can learn from. Being a physician, I have to do it twice as good as the next guy because of all the stereotypes. I became a doctor so I could afford to fly, that should tell you how much I like flying. When you quit learning, you start dying, in aviation or anything else!

Oh and BTW, I am retiring in 5 years to fly charter in the Bahamas and give up playing doctor because I can and want to, sound crazy??????:eek:

Last edited:
Funny you brought that up, I just got back from there island hoping for three weeks scuba diving from November thru December. It was a blast and expensive! The diving, I have to say, was bad because all thereefs are dead or dying from the aspergillis infection from the trade winds of over-farming in Africa........:(

I am doing the Cayman Caravan in June but don't suspect the diving to be much better.

Latest resources

Back