• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What the.....Paul Foley at Mesa!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once again I do realize what he's saying. It's a bit of a touchy subject with people who were at Mesaba during that time. I just hope from a corporate point of view, that Phil Trenary doesn't have the same "extreme success". Good Luck

From a corporate point of view what he did at Mesaba was an extreme success.

Really? Maybe you should ask the MAIR shareholders what they think of what happened from 2003-2008.... My guess is they want their money back.

Really? Maybe you should ask the MAIR shareholders what they think of what happened from 2003-2008.... My guess is they want their money back.

You seem to be under the false impression that the corporati actually care about the shareholders. The shareholders are just barely above us on the ladder of priorities for these scumbags. All that matters is themselves, and maybe a few of their scumbag corporate buddies. If the shareholders get screwed, so be it, as long as they still get their bonuses and golden parachutes. "Mission accomplished!"

Part of the problem is there is a disconnect between the shareholders and the BOD. In Mesa's case, the Board is stacked with members loyal to the CEO and will support him regardless of the impact it has on the stock. When legislation passes which prevents this from happening, you won't be seeing the kinds of deals now that reward behavior which betrays the interests of the owners of the company.

Exactly.. Under the true definition of a corporation the shareholders are the owners and the ones that should be the priority. Much like the whole "of the people by the people for the people" that the US government SHOULD be operating as, but obviously no longer does.... Corporations have largely managed to pull the power from those that had and should have it to line the pockets of a select few that weaseled their way to the top of the corporate ladder, much like certain familys have done in government......(on both sides of the "aisle")
Unfortunately it's an inevitable part of human nature to take all the power that can be taken. And the end result will be just as it has been throughout history. A revolution or a conquering. Perhaps someday humanity will finally learn from history instead of repeating it........

When legislation passes which prevents this from happening, you won't be seeing the kinds of deals now that reward behavior which betrays the interests of the owners of the company.

If you want that kind of legislation, then you're voting for the wrong party.

If you want that kind of legislation, then you're voting for the wrong party.

I'm not crazy about either party. Did you see the pork in the 'bailout' bill that passed? Every Congress person is for sale. The only question is price.

I'm not crazy about either party. Did you see the pork in the 'bailout' bill that passed? Every Congress person is for sale. The only question is price.

True, but the question is which candidate (and party) sells out to which interests. My party sells out to my interests. The other party to sells out to the interests of big business. Since you aren't big business, I think it's obvious where your vote should go.

Latest resources

Back