• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA31Driver

CEO Update – October 1, 2008

Mesa Air Group Appoints New Chief Operating Officer

I am delighted to announce the appointment of Paul Foley as Chief Operating Officer Mesa Air Group. Paul brings to Mesa a wealth of operational and leadership experience from his years as CEO of Mesaba Holdings, the parent company of Mesaba Airlines. Having known Paul for many years, I am confident he is the ideal person to bring the needed skills, leadership and oversight to our operations at a time when Mike Lotz must remain focused on the restructure of our business. In these highly challenging and competitive times, Paul will be working very closely with our operational teams and airline partners to optimize our performance and strengthen and grow our partnerships. I encourage you to get to know Paul as he moves about the organization in the coming weeks and I invite you to email him and share your thoughts and ideas.

Prior to joining Mesa, Paul was, since September 1999, President and Chief Executive Officer of MAIR Holdings Inc., a member of its Board of Directors and of the Executive and Safety Committees. From September 1999 until October 2002 Paul also served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Mesaba Aviation.

Paul was previously employed as Vice President Operations at Atlas Air, a global cargo operator of 747 aircraft. Prior to that, he was Senior Vice President Operations at LSG/Sky Chefs. He also served as President of Continental Airlines’ Chelsea Catering Corporation.

Paul holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University and an MBA from the Edwin L. Cox Graduate School of Business at Southern Methodist University.

In welcoming Paul to Mesa, I would also like to acknowledge Mike Lotz for his considerable contribution to Mesa, especially during these recent very challenging months. Mike remains President and Chief Financial Officer Mesa Air Group. This continues to be a tough situation both at Mesa and throughout the industry. I remain confident however that working together we will see our way through these present difficulties.

Thank you Mike and a very warm welcome Paul.

Jonathan

Well after all those years with Mesaba/MAIR it still needs to be asked.

<--------------------

Apparantly so far it's kill off one good little airline (Big Sky) and try to kill a second one (Mesaba). He probably will fit right in with JO though....

Bankruptcy cout on the horizon??

He did such a "good" job steering XJ thru those perilous waters!!

BOHICA

Heard from a friend of mine that a bunch of Mesa middle management got fired today..not sure if it has anything to do with this guy or not.

Over 1,000 leaving Mesa with middle mgmt. Outstations closed and Mesa just hired someone versed in the 1113 (c) process. Fasten your seat belts. I'm still amazed there are pilots who think a TA is imminent.

Over 1,000 leaving Mesa with middle mgmt. Outstations closed and Mesa just hired someone versed in the 1113 (c) process. Fasten your seat belts. I'm still amazed there are pilots who think a TA is imminent.

Are you serious?

I suspect that there is going to be a rocky bankruptcy, with unpleasant pilot contract changes imposed. Then the execs will take a very gentle golden parachute ride down to the bank during the structured shut down.

For the first time I really feel sorry for Mesa guys.

Latest resources

Back