• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What the 717 leaving means

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been reading this thing for a few days now and I really don't see what everyone is getting all excited about. This grievance, complaint, whatever you wanna call it was filed on behalf of the top 200-250 maybe 300 AirTran guys. Namely the senior Capt's. It doesn't affect the mid level and junior AirTran guys or any sw guys one bit. There won't be a change in the sli. There wont be a re-bid, re-doo, do-over of the transition bid. That's done and agreed too.

I think what the crux of the argument is, is that our side says we were told by sw management that the 717's would stay until the leases ran out. 2017-2024 time frame. So everyone senior bid accordingly. Notice I said senior. mid-level and junior guys know how bad they got screwed over, but that's another thread.

Your side says don't believe anything our management says.

Ok cool. so we file a grievance and let the process play itself out. If we lose, nothing changes. If we win, nothing changes. All we can hope for is that some sort of $$$ award is issued to the capt's that will lose their seat over the next 2 years, that they would've kept if the 71's would've stayed. I don't think that anyone is looking for SW cap't pay. Top level AirTran cap't pay would be just fine with me. Our 13-15 year top end cap't payscale is more than top end sw fo pay scale anyway. Yeah I know, I know, line degredation, min guarantee... that's another argument. Besides, in 2015 (that's a short 2 years away) everything will work itself out.

Anyway just sayin.

717CP,

The senior 717 CPs becoming SWA FOs will cause displacements on the SWA side...we need an ATL domicile...

I think what the crux of the argument is, is that our side says we were told by sw management that the 717's would stay until the leases ran out. 2017-2024 time frame. So everyone senior bid accordingly. Notice I said senior. mid-level and junior guys know how bad they got screwed over, but that's another thread.

Your side says don't believe anything our management says.

Get used to management deception as it is a fact of life in this industry and SWA is no different. This is not the old SWA...they are like any other management team. They still pay lip service to the "luv" concept but it is basically dead here. Great place to work still (for now) but definitely not the same SWA anymore.

Latest resources

Back