• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What the 717 leaving means

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Q/A above stands by itself, no date of execution noted, no lease intention noted, when it happens, they bid system.

So Capt's of displaced A/C will bid for whatever they can hold system wide?

Works for me, but I think the no Airtran Capt's before 2015 crowd will be a little bummed.

Move on, the folks defending this issue on the AT side are the same geniuses that supported no mbrship vote for SL9...understand this claim will deflect the heat they must be feeling from their fellow AT pilots.

Last edited:
Lear:

Completely false.
Then where else, pray tell, does the process for our pilots and where they will be assigned get spelled out other than the Seniority Integration Agreement, which is made up of 5 documents, including our Side Letter, your SL10, the SIA letter and attached Q&A's, the ISL, and the Dispute Resolution letter?

That's what I thought.

This is an answer in the joint SL10, it does not get any clearer on what happens if the 717 is replaced with another jet.
We didn't get to vote on SL10. However, the answer to this issue will come out in Arbitration. It's not as clear as you think.

Not much else to say until Arbitration.

Move on, the folks defending this issue on the AT side are the same geniuses that supported no mbrship vote for SL9...understand this claim will deflect the heat they must be feeling from their fellow AT pilots.
Don't know what you're hearing, but there is no heat on this side, or there would still be recalls going on.

The membership fully supports this grievance, regardless of what SWAPA is telling you. If they didn't, again, there would be recalls going on to stop this grievance process, and there's not even a hint of that.

Your intel is incorrect.

"The membership fully supports this grievance"

I never said it wasn't a good deflection...but the "situation" that the AAI pilots find themselves in now is the result of actions (or inactions) by the AT MEC, not business decisions of SWA or the desire of SWAPA to adhere to the provisions of SL10...I don't expect you to accept this fact...

Lear, you bark on your side of the fence, we'll bark on ours, someday everyone will be friends and sniffing butt in the park.

Then where else, pray tell, does the process for our pilots and where they will be assigned get spelled out other than the Seniority Integration Agreement, which is made up of 5 documents, including our Side Letter, your SL10, the SIA letter and attached Q&A's, the ISL, and the Dispute Resolution letter?

The airplanes are going away on the AirTran side of the fence. The ALPA CBA spells out how displacements will be handled while you are an AirTran pilot.

Those pilots will come to SWA in time and go through training then bid any vacancies in our system that they are eligible to hold based on system seniority per the SIA.
The only vacancies they will be eligible for until 2015 are 737 F/O seats.

That is what your group voted for.

It wasn't much of a vote for either side. Those who like to say to say "you voted for it" are out to lunch. Everything about this deal was forced on both sides. Which makes me laugh. Because you would think that SWA management was trying to avoid a USAir/AmWest scenario, but they effectively created one.

Good for them. But I have spoken with many SWA pilots on overnights and on the j/s who were told by management that you guys should take the offer and not go to arbitration. I will not dispute that our union completely imploded during the negotiations. If that's the general sentiment our transitioned pilots are referring to.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back