What should I do with my US Air Stock?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SELL and then buy a bunch of LUV

donate it to a good cause...homeless shelter etc...they dont pay taxes on it and you get to write it off on your taxes...

I know with the AA options, they take taxes out at the same rate as a bonus payment. Somewhere in the upper 30% to low 40%.

Hold on to it and it could turn into very expensive toilet paper. It's an airline stock--sell it all on Monday. TC

In this absence of capital gain, SELL THE $HIT !!!!!!!!

There are many other stocks I'd rather be in with $8300.00...

Uh, a stoploss (?) at $33? What is your minimum price, I thought $34?

You may want a "limit" order. It will allow you to sell at or above your specified price. Or, do you not want to sell unless it drops to $33? Then.....

A "stop" order will trigger a sale when the stock hits your specified price but the amount you get may be considerably different than your stop if the price gaps significantly. Perhaps this is what you mean by stoploss?

Glad to hear you at least got something out of the MDA fiasco!

Great Idea!!
Asking pilots for financial advice...... If I have any questions on airbus emergency procedures I'll call my financial advisor!:p

Yes this is a repeat of a past response on another thread but what pilot does not love to beat their dead horse

Last edited:
joe.... funny and spot on.

call in to Mad Money on CNBC (6pm est) and ask Cramer or sell it ASAP and buy some stock that will make you some money.:)

Sold today at just over $32 for just shy of $7,800. Called fidelity and they said that the check would be sent on thur. Learlove is now a debt free man with cash in his pocket.

Thanks for the advice and help guys, at this point I really don't care what the stock does, even if it shot up to 60, it served my purpose and paid my bills.

Latest resources

Back