What should I do with my US Air Stock?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

US Air guys, are you going to sell on MON? I regestered on Fri with fidelity and checked my account today. They put 242 shares (after pa taxes) in mine. At market price this would be about 8300.

Any advice? Should I set a "stop loss" and "Day limit"? I'd like to sell it at or above 34 if I can. Guess it depends on how it opens on MON.

Thanks

It's the next Microsoft.

Be sure to hold onto it, just like those JBLU guys did back when their stock hit the fifties.

LearLove said:
US Air guys, are you going to sell on MON? I regestered on Fri with fidelity and checked my account today. They put 242 shares (after pa taxes) in mine. At market price this would be about 8300.

Any advice? Should I set a "stop loss" and "Day limit"? I'd like to sell it at or above 34 if I can. Guess it depends on how it opens on MON.

Thanks

Uhhhh! Hellooooo! It's AIRLINE stock.
Sell! Now! $8300. As is dollars? Or Korean Won?

That's a capital gain in a year in which you're getting furloughed. I'd hang onto it and cash it out when you're gainfully employed... just in case you end up owing uncle sam some $$$

I don't think the cap gain tax applies as it is paid to us like a bonus and tax has already been taken out in the form of shares. We were given somewhere around 300 and change shares each and wound up with 250 (give or take depending on which state you registered with fidelity under) in thier account.

My 242 shares times the Fri closing price comes to just shy of 8300. I don't think I need to pay anymore taxes as like I said it was taken out in the for of shares prior to distribtion. Atleast thats how I understand it. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I think I'm going to set a $33 dollar stoploss and tell it to sell all shares on Mon.

Just out of curiosity when were you awarded that stock? Was it part of your concessionary agreement. Also were you issued shares of the new us airways (LCC) or did you have old shares?

BenderGonzales said:
That's a capital gain in a year in which you're getting furloughed. I'd hang onto it and cash it out when you're gainfully employed... just in case you end up owing uncle sam some $$$
Is this the situation? If you just received the stock you may owe taxes on the amount the stock is worth when you received it. If it goes down to nothing you could still owe the feds something depending on your tax bracket. Careful!

SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL!!!!!!!!!!

HAVEN'T YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE BEEN BURNED ENOUGH BY THIS COMPANY????????

"SELL MORTIMOR SELL, SELL!!"

-trading places-

Latest resources

Back