what makes a good pilot?

oldskoolbronco2

positive rate, pantz down
Total Time
A friend of mine once told me he was the "best 8 hour pilot ever!" I am sure now he is the best 8 hour emb170 sic now.

NYCPilot

Incorporated.
Total Time
Being able to memorize the answers to any FAA test in a Gleim book and finishing the exam in 20 mins.

uba757

Total Time
Not Posting stupid threads on flight info. Uba757

Total Time
A lot.
A good pilot remembers to get his/her cellphone/laptop/sunglasses/PDA, etc. Remember to take all of your carry-on items with you when you leave an aircraft. I'm not lost and found and I don't have time for that sh*t.

You kids have a nice day.

jws717

registered abuser
Total Time
loads
-we all know that the best pilots in the world are from gulfstream and the second best are the ones from embry riddle.

pilotyip

Total Time
All the best pilots know they are not the best. They know they are humans subject to human traits. They use all the crutches available to them like checklists, profiles, stabilized approaches, and open to all input that may improve or correct their performance. Those are the best pilots.

jws717

registered abuser
Total Time
loads
pilotyip said:
All the best pilots know they are not the best. They know they are humans subject to human traits. They use all the crutches available to them like checklists, profiles, stabilized approaches, and open to all input that may improve or correct their performance. Those are the best pilots.
amen, so true

TopGun-MAV

Total Time
i soloed in 6.2 hours. my instructor said i was the best he had ever seen. i was flying turbine aircraft at 300 hrs, now i fly a jet at 1000. i breezed through training at both airlines and believe i will be the best when i upgrade on the 170. maverick is the best! go the e-jets!

English

Total Time
<snore>:rolleyes:

Geronimo4497

Total Time
TopGun-MAV said:
i soloed in 6.2 hours. my instructor said i was the best he had ever seen. i was flying turbine aircraft at 300 hrs, now i fly a jet at 1000. i breezed through training at both airlines and believe i will be the best when i upgrade on the 170. maverick is the best! go the e-jets!
I must be tripping..........................

At least you got that whole modesty thing going for ya...............

MVSW

Total Time
Growin
A Pilot that NEVER stops learning.

WickedPissa

Total Time
1+
TopGun-MAV said:
Which one are you:
A) extremely sarcastic
B)a cocky dork who bought two type ratings (or just claims he has them) and probably thinks he's cool by continuously quoting Top Gun in an English or French accent to all your crews since you keep spelling all your words like "seniour captain". (No offense to the English meant by this, just curious about all the U's).
C)
D)
E)
etc.

Last edited:

T-handle

Total Time
6000+
WickedPissa said:
Which one are you:
A) extremely sarcastic
B)a cocky dork who bought two type ratings (or just claims he has them) and probably thinks he's cool by continuously quoting Top Gun in an English or French accent to all your crews since you keep spelling all your words like "seniour captain". (No offense to the English meant by this, just curious about all the U's).
C)
D)
E)
etc.
Dude he's DANGEROUS! :cool:

bugchaser

Total Time
10k+
A good pilot never says how "good" he is.

Cuban B.

I can get you a toe...
Total Time
0.3yrs
Excessive amounts of Old Spice aftershave.

pilotyip

Total Time
C) No one on this board will ride as a pax in any airplane you are flying