What Kind of Snacks Do You Have?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetPilot500 said:
To start, we had Spicy Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms. Next came the garden salad with crumbled bleu cheese. For a main course I had Filet Mignon cooked medium rare with Mushroom gravy, Asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. After dinner, there was an assortment of pastries to choose from. It was quite good.

Approaching 30°W, my co-captain and I split a tray of fresh deli wrap sandwiches.

After arrival, while waiting for our limo to take us from the aircraft to the hotel, we enjoyed a glass of Merlot.

Boy, I sure miss flying for the airlines!

...then we waited in the hotel for 2 days while the bosses completed their business, then flew back home. On the flight home another lavish meal and I arrived home around 10 pm..Then at 6 am the beeper went off because the boss wanted to go back across the country to scout out a new boat for 4 days so I got up kissed the wife goodbye and went back to the sky, but hey at least we were fed well...

Stifler's Mom said:
Recently ASA switched from plain pretzels to honey roasted penauts and chocolate chip granola bars.

I didn't realize that anyone served peanuts anymore, because of the allergy problem... Specifically that many people are allergic to peanuts, but more likely that airlines are allergic to spending money (pretzels cost less).

Whatever happened to the Biscotti (sp?) cookies at ASA? My FO scored a 'brick' of them off an ASA Brasilia at an outstation, courtesy of one of the ASA pilots who was his fraternity brother in college...

I.P. Freley said:
I didn't realize that anyone served peanuts anymore, because of the allergy problem... Specifically that many people are allergic to peanuts, but more likely that airlines are allergic to spending money (pretzels cost less).

We still serve 'em at SWA.

Well that's good to hear! More peanuts=more gooder!

Actually, I miss the almonds that the airlines used to serve.

I miss those Biscoff's at XJT. The perfect little ginger fix. Wasn't somebody over on CalForums called "BiscoffAddict"?

I.P. Freley said:

Whatever happened to the Biscotti (sp?) cookies at ASA? My FO scored a 'brick' of them off an ASA Brasilia at an outstation, courtesy of one of the ASA pilots who was his fraternity brother in college...

The Biscoffs have gone away. We were starting to have too many Flight Attendants requiring seatbelt extensions to sit in their jumpseats. ;)

As far as the peanuts, it's about friggin' time. Why in the hell would an airline based in Georgia not have peanuts to begin with.

FlyChicaga said:
I don't think I've ever called Ops to ask for one. I just take what's left in flight. There was one time where my captain and I asked the caterers directly while they were loading us for a short hop for some trail mix, and they gave us like 10 meals though!

You guys in Houston bitch a lot on ops frequency! I was flying there my whole 4-day and I couldn't handle it anymore! :D

I called ops once and asked for 3 crew meals, had been a very long day of non stop and nonsense aircraft changing all over the place. The meals were delivered in less than 5 minutes.

Asd far as people bitching in the ops frequency, it's always the same peope, the hatwearers!!!!! I agree with you, what a pain in the rear.

You guys just made me very very hungry!

Skyway...None unless you bring your own on the Beech!

ArcticFlier said:
Oatmeal iced cookies and Plane Cheesies (Goldfish) @ SKYW.

Tired of both...........

AF :cool:

Yeah....and ya'lls super tiny plastic cups and even crappier "Thank You" bags suck, too. Man, I hate getting a plane that was serviced in SLC.

Latest resources

Back