Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is your company's parking brake procedure?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HockleyPilot

Professional Fuel Manager
We at SKW are get shat on hard by UAL for dropping the parking brake immediately after the door close.

We are being audited by a nerd with a clipboard and being chatized for releasing the brake before the ground crew is in position.

We are sitting 5-10 minutes at the gate with no pay, or deicing with no pay because UAL has deemed taxi times are too long.

What is everyone else's procedure and are you having to do this if you work at anything UAL retared, um I mean related?

Respectfully, right now there isn't a bigger issue than my pay being cut 5-10 minutes (or more) per leg or not getting paid while deicing.

Last edited:
Same thing happend to us on the Saab in the winter. We were told the door couldn't be closed until final load numbers were transmitted to the gate. So we would be ready but the ramp is still throwing bags past departure.... now that's a late out flight where before it was still an ontime flight but they had to pay us the extra 5-10 minutes. (which everything was so overblocked it usually didn't matter) I found it comical to see the D0 numbers after that started getting enforced.

We at SKW are get shat on hard by UAL for dropping the parking brake immediately after the door close.

We are being audited by a nerd with a clipboard and being chatized for releasing the brake before the ground crew is in position.

We are sitting 5-10 minutes at the gate with no pay, or deicing with no pay because UAL has deemed taxi times are too long.

What is everyone else's procedure and are you having to do this if you work at anything UAL retared, um I mean related?

The DOT and the FAA both define your "out" time as the time the aircraft LEAVES the gate. Not just door closed and brake off but actually leaving the gate. If you are blocking out prior to the cargo door being closed or while the ground crew contemplates pushing you then you are defrauding the system. You are manipulating federal data and you are disguising operational problems that should be getting fixed.

The DOT and the FAA both define your "out" time as the time the aircraft LEAVES the gate. Not just door closed and brake off but actually leaving the gate. If you are blocking out prior to the cargo door being closed or while the ground crew contemplates pushing you then you are defrauding the system. You are manipulating federal data and you are disguising operational problems that should be getting fixed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "getting fixed..."

Oh man that was f'n good man!

Aren't you MR. LAW and ORDER and RENO 911 patrolman all wrapped into one. Just kidding. Kinda. Thank you for the History lesson. I asked about how everyone else does it. If you have done it that way, always, I am glad you are such an upstanding citizen.

Anyways, If 99% of people do it like you describe it, then I guess it is just a SKW problem. But I serious doubt it.

Just curious what's out there....

Last edited:

Ual are a bunch of arrogant SOB's regarding this issue, what does your FOM say, at my previous company we had to do an antiskid test on the before start thus releasing the brake. Got yelled at by more than a few A$$ hole Ual rampers that thought they were kings of the world. Was on the phone with a chief pilot when one came up to yell at me in front of pax once, that ramper got a talking to afterwards by his boss and i got an apology.

Ual just can't make up their minds less taxi times but than every flight leaves the gate 20 minutes late sinking ship if you ask me and good riddance.

Latest resources

Back