What is wrong with Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey MOOKIE,

Yeah capitalization is a bitch huh. Those that want it more then others find a way to get. This is the U.S. model of economics and has done our country right for years. Sorry your company did not have the competitive attitude nor economic insights as others in the industry have, maybe next time. DONT TAKE THIS AS A HIT TO YOU. I am just stating the really obvious business practices of companies.

if you are going to insult me....try spelling it right...asss...

it's Capitolism......I learned it in college...I was an econ major...

Mookie

Mookie said:
if you are going to insult me....try spelling it right...asss...

it's Capitolism......I learned it in college...I was an econ major...

Right. If you were an English major, you would have hopefully spelled Capitalism correctly.

FIXIT said:
mckpickle said:
We also sympathize because we've heard stories about your management. And ever worse the MX. It's already killed 2 pilots.

Pickle the problem with colgan is not Maint. Your an @$$.Why don't you go to the hangar one night and watch those guys work. I see bashing alot on the maint. dept and how MEL's don't get worked unless its a drop dead. Thats crap. Those folks work there hearts out and don't get parts untill its an AOG. There are few parts on the shelf and if they order 100 so we they don't run out soon they ship them 2. As for the Maint. Dept. killing those men......there is more to it. just ask them. As for Houston maint, its a group of good guys and they do superb maint. with the expirience and toolong available. Without parts there hands are tied. Got to wait for the right parts for the right job. Bite me

I don't think I said anything confrotational what-so-ever. However If you want to bark with the big dogs, I'll insult you AND have you belive it when I'm done. This however would be too easy for your fragile ego to handle so let me say this. Did the Colgan MX department have the correct parts in stock when they installed the tail wrong in Hyanis? Nuff said.

Every MX department has had growing pains along the way. Is good to hear that things are changing. But when you hear pilot say they wouldn't put thier family on THEIR OWN AIRLINE it make you think. If you are not getting the support you need there are ways to deal with it. The FAA is one. Safety should be paramount. And it starts with you guys! Whatever it takes to get the job done safely. And if that means changes in the way management does buisness, so be it. I'm possitive that the mechanics aren't purposely saying, "oh well". They need support!

Listening to a skywest pilot b***h about another company taking their flying, classic!!!!!!!

Lets see

AWAC kicked out of Denver by SKYWEST

AWAC kicked out of Chicago by SKYWEST

All because we were underbid. Sucks when it happens to YOU doesn't it.

Here's the problem with Colgan. It sounds like a toothpaste. Everytime I hear it I start thinking about oral hygiene.

Do some research first

mckpickle said:
FIXIT said:
Did the Colgan MX department have the correct parts in stock when they installed the tail wrong in Hyanis? Nuff said.

I think you should take the time to read the NTSB findings on this accident before you make judgements. Colgan SHARES the blame for this accident...along with a few other big players like Ratheon.

It was a series of events, like all accidents, that should have been broken but unfortunately wasn't. It's not as simple as "MX SUCKS!" or "COLGAN SUCKS!"

It may not change your opinion but I just hate people making judgements on things they truly have no knowledge of other than what they hear other pilots spouting off about.

Last edited:
vtchaz said:
I think you should take the time to read the NTSB findings on this accident before you make judgements. Colgan SHARES the blame for this accident...along with a few other big players like Ratheon.

I've read it. From the NTSB Report:
During the replacement of the cable, the maintenance personnel skipped a step in the manufacturer's airliner maintenance manual (AMM).

Raytheon's manual was listed as a factor in the accident. But the probable cause was laid at the feet of maintenance, and no-one else.

back to the subject.

Colgan is a good place to work and build experience.

I got an hour of actual on a 1:20 min trip today in icing. That is good experience for my logbook and i think respected by the majors.

Latest resources

Back