Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is up with not wearing full uniform?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PurpleInMEM said:
I go to great lengths NEVER to be seen in public wearing the sea captain's uniform. I don't want people's first impression to be based on what I do for a living. With very limited exception I don't disclose what I do or where I work.

Just my opinion but the whole concept, for pax or freight, is very silly. Why do we wear a costume to begin with? There are plenty of "professions" that have similar earnings and responsibility that never wear a uniform and they seem to get along quite nicely, with or without customer contact. The whole culture needs to change.

Maybe the Ultra LCC's can lead the way and decide that Captain Steubing uniforms are too expensive and go to khakis and golf shirts.

Right on PIMem! Sort of goes along with the whole idea of: if you wear a name tag a work, you're clearly not that important in the grand scheme of things. Personally, I'd be all for the khaki's and golf shirts. By the way, does anyone know why they have us wear pants and ties made out of a material that's only slightly less flamable than gasoline?

-Blucher:D

Pathetic

800Dog said:
They are not paying our salaries during our off time and based on the lack of earnings for most airlines, including yours, they are not paying our salaries during our on time either. I find it amazing that many pilots on this board want to help the customers who are not paying our salaries. You will figure this out sooner or later.

You're absolutely pathetic. So a cop on the street corner should let a burgulary take place in front of him and not help since he's off duty. I'm amazed you got through a phych test to get an airline job. You Miss, are the people dragging this industry down!

CA1900 said:
Target is not, nor has it even been, owned by the French. It's an American company, headquartered in Minnesota since 1902.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

Don't believe everything you read in a chain letter or hear on Fox News.

I offer my complete apologies, I did not mean to insult you for working at Target. I understand that pilots who make the sacrifice to fly at a turboprop commuter also need alternate income.

Target is clearly embarrassed about their predicament and has generated corporate propaganda against the veterans.

Fact: Target is French.
Fact: Target gives money to homosexuals.
Fact: Target wants to control what you wear.

dgs said:
I find it amazing that so many pilots on this board don't want to help the customers who are paying their salaries. If I do, I feel privileged to help another traveler who may not be as experienced in the airport as I am. Is it really that much of an imposition on your precious time to answer a few innocent questions?

I truly mean no offense dgs, but I am not surprised you are a JetWho, I mean blue pilot:D. You talk about the customers who are paying our salaries...WHAT?? The customer has been flying on the backs of airline labor for 4 years now. The prices they are paying are an insult!! Our so called customers are flying for peanuts thanks to labors paycuts. 50% cuts for most major airlines pilots. Its a joke when I hear about our so called customers complain about the service and then in the next breathe say how much they are paying for their ticket...HAHA!!! They get what they pay for. Major Airline pilots were earning 20 years ago what JB pilots earn today for aircraft of similiar size.

Mgmt1Pilot said:
You're absolutely pathetic. So a cop on the street corner should let a burgulary take place in front of him and not help since he's off duty. I'm amazed you got through a phych test to get an airline job. You Miss, are the people dragging this industry down!

Apples to oranges and the fact that you cannot see that means one thing, you are an idiot! As far as dragging down the industry, it is not me nor my pilot group. Those who have accepted low wages and decided not to unionize and have wages imposed are doing a great job of dragging down the industry. What kind of wages were you flying 737s for Hooters Air? Who is dragging down the industry? Truly clueless.

Corporate greed and failed management is destroying (has destroyed) this industry and you guys are debating whether a pilot is professional becasue he/she wears a hat. No wonder it's like shooting fish in a barrell for them...

The light at the end of the tunnel is not salvation... it's a train.

FLYLOW22 said:
Corporate greed and failed management is destroying (has destroyed) this industry and you guys are debating whether a pilot is professional becasue he/she wears a hat. No wonder it's like shooting fish in a barrell for them...

The light at the end of the tunnel is not salvation... it's a train.

Bingo!! Right on the money FlyLow.

Like shooting fish in a barrell tommy. We're the fish and they are the barrell.

Latest resources

Back