• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is United's Newhire pilot base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They will probably be able to fill all of the slots they need with newhire volunteers since you start at year 2 pay there. It's almost a $30/hr pay difference.

The $36,000 a year COLA should help too.

Only volunteers.

Fuhgetaboutit.
There are a lot of UAL furloughees who used to be based in LAX or SFO; many are taking LAX at the first possible chance. I'm living in TUS and put in for LAX on the last vacancy bids but didn't get it. And I know of several classmates who also want LAX.
I was close on the last vacancy bid so I'm hoping to get LAX this time. It will be close to 2 years after starting class that I will be based in LAX.

The above comments reflect the current situation at LCAL; everything is subject to change.

Hey dude, clean out your inbox. I tried to send you a PM but it's full. What part of TUS do you live in? I'm right by the TUS mall just south of River Rd. I'm 50% on the 737 out of LAX but currently on mil leave...coming back at the end of March. What's your story?

Who's getting interviews/hired right now? Is it people with previous offers of employment/interview or are they actual off the street guys being interviewed? Thanks

CV said in Miami last week that they plan to start hiring off the street in the second quarter for a short time till the lists merge (maybe April and may), then they don't anticipate needing off the street guys for a little while. Anybody hear different?

Hey dude, clean out your inbox. I tried to send you a PM but it's full. What part of TUS do you live in? I'm right by the TUS mall just south of River Rd. I'm 50% on the 737 out of LAX but currently on mil leave...coming back at the end of March. What's your story?

I now try to keep my PM box full; I've gotten too many PMs asking me silly questions about hiring, etc - better to be posted publicly on this board.
I've cleared out enough space for you to shoot me a PM.
I'm out west in Continental Ranch area, just off of Silverbell (I-10 and Cortero area).

I'm a UAL furloughee who started class at LCAL last April. While the flying out of LAX isn't as good as IAH, I'm sure you're well aware that the commute to IAH is absolutely horrible (RJ only), especially with Skywest/XJet pilots having priority over mainline.

Is GUM commutable from the lower 48?
Yes. Commuters generally bunch their work days together at the end one bid month and the beginning of the next. So they work 30 days or so and then get 30 or so days in a row off. The two-hop commute can be CONUS to Narita, then to Guam. Have heard Hawaii is an option too.

Does anyone know UAL's plan for the CLE base? I think the City of Cleveland made a deal with CAL to keep the base/hub for a few years... and then all bets were off. Does anyone know anything relevant?

MM

If one were to get hired, does the company provide hotel arrangements while in training???

Latest resources

Back