• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is United's Newhire pilot base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last system bid, most junior FO in base's position on seniority list, in order.

DEN 4732
LAX 4839
CLE 4870
ORD 4877
EWR 4926
IAH 4929
GUM 4930

EWR, IAH, GUM are a toss up for most junior--and where new hires will likely go if the next one is similar to this.

DEN way senior.

Last edited:
Last system bid, most junior FO in base's position on seniority list, in order.

DEN 4732
LAX 4839
CLE 4870
ORD 4877
EWR 4926
IAH 4929
GUM 4930

EWR, IAH, GUM are a toss up for most junior--and where new hires will likely go if the next one is similar to this.

DEN way senior.

Thanks for the info! Any idea on openings at these bases? When does the next bid come out?

How many are getting Guam?

Only volunteers.

is there any chances of a new hire getting LAX with any equipment

Fuhgetaboutit.
There are a lot of UAL furloughees who used to be based in LAX or SFO; many are taking LAX at the first possible chance. I'm living in TUS and put in for LAX on the last vacancy bids but didn't get it. And I know of several classmates who also want LAX.
I was close on the last vacancy bid so I'm hoping to get LAX this time. It will be close to 2 years after starting class that I will be based in LAX.

The above comments reflect the current situation at LCAL; everything is subject to change.

Only volunteers.

Fuhgetaboutit.
There are a lot of UAL furloughees who used to be based in LAX or SFO; many are taking LAX at the first possible chance. I'm living in TUS and put in for LAX on the last vacancy bids but didn't get it. And I know of several classmates who also want LAX.
I was close on the last vacancy bid so I'm hoping to get LAX this time. It will be close to 2 years after starting class that I will be based in LAX.

The above comments reflect the current situation at LCAL; everything is subject to change.

Only UAL furloughee's have the option I believe of Guam being volunteer only. I don't think that same agreement exists for true new hires.

Only UAL furloughee's have the option I believe of Guam being volunteer only. I don't think that same agreement exists for true new hires.

I talked to a newhire a month or so ago. They were still asking if anyone wanted to volunteer for GUM and weren't preassigning any GUM slots to any classes yet.
They will probably be able to fill all of the slots they need with newhire volunteers since you start at year 2 pay there. It's almost a $30/hr pay difference.

ORD will require a gun, have you seen the murders there over the last year!!!

ORD is north; most of the murders are on the south side.

Latest resources

Back