• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is United's Newhire pilot base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right now, a new hire can probably hold the 73 in EWR, IAH, GUM. Perhaps ORD. A new hire can also hold the 756 in EWR and IAH. This may change but I see furloughed UAL guys all over the place on both fleets. The company is short and there are plenty of openings on the CAL side. I save no idea what's going on at L-UAL bases including SFO.

Latest class that started on Mon had IAH and EWR split evenly. Two people were on Mil Leave so they went to bases that they could hold with their seniority. (LAX and ORD, I believe).

Remember, right now hiring is only taking place on the Continental side. After the SLI occurs in May-Jul, then we will see a better picture of where newhires are truly needed. I can say SFO was pretty junior back in the day. High cost of living drove many people to bid away. SFO will have a lot of WBs so maybe that will change in the future. -ML

Going to the job fair today in Miami. They are doing a presentation at 1100 then a meet and greet from 1300-1700. Looking forward to hear what are the hiring plans for the future. United Airlines has always been my first choice, so really excited about the job fair. Will keep everybody posted after the event.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they will bring the 737 to IAD? On a typical day more than half the narrow-bodies at C/D are 737s.

I heard EWR was the junior newhire assignment.

FFDO school recommended for the walk to the crashpad.

CLE? Anyone know how junior it really is?

Maybe someone can post a list of latest base vacancies if possible?

CLE? Anyone know how junior it really is?

Maybe someone can post a list of latest base vacancies if possible?

CLE's a small base. There were a couple of 737FO vacancies on the last bid that went fairly junior. However, the odds of a newhire getting CLE are very slim due to the small size of the base.
You could probably pick up CLE on a vacancy bid very quickly, but will remain on reserve for a very long time.

Latest resources

Back