What is UAL Thinking? Ted Going to MDW!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
canyonblue said:
Those are the hiring minimums, sorry they are so high. What was it at United again? 400 hours and a commercial license.

For a while by court order it was. Sure your hiring minimums are high, for the pocketbook especially. Just pay up and they could care less how much 737 time (none for most) you've got. If you don't get the job, well then you have a worthless piece of paper to remember it all by.

Are you a former ACA guy? Good thing UAL was solvent long enough to float that operation so you could come up with your 1000 PIC turbine over there. Glad we could help you out.

Mugs said:
Are you a former ACA guy? Good thing UAL was solvent long enough to float that operation so you could come up with your 1000 PIC turbine over there. Glad we could help you out.

Yea thanks! After witnessing the clusterf*ck that was United first hand, I never sent them an application. So I guess by United being United, they did help me out.

Knowledge is power!

Originally Posted by SWA/FO
SWA is going to fly into DEN...next. you heard it here first.

FlyBoeingJets said:
Good guess SWA/FO. Right on the money.

Technically we went to Fort Meyers next, but my Union brother is quite the Nostradamus.

idiot

hey swa/fo......do your 737's still run on 87 octane......or did you guys stop parking at the bp at the end of all the runways......maybe thats where the cheap gas is coming from

Don't think it was a BP, a$$hole. It was a cheveron. They run on 93 octane. I guess, you made your 4th post count, huh.:puke:

canyonblue said:
Technically we went to Fort Meyers next, but my Union brother is quite the Nostradamus.

Nostradamus? Maybe, but any chance he might have read this article instead of his tea leaves?

Southwest Airlines expanding to Denver
Friday, October 21, 2005; Posted: 9:42 a.m. EDT (13:42 GMT)

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- Southwest Airlines Co. will resume service in Denver next year after a 20-year absence, likely triggering lower fares yet posing fresh problems for airlines already struggling with higher fuel prices.

Although Southwest has shunned Denver International Airport for more than a decade because of its high costs, the Dallas-based carrier -- in the midst of an expansion -- reconsidered because those costs have declined.
It will compete head-to-head against United Airlines as it emerges from bankruptcy and Denver-based Frontier Airlines Inc., which together have about 75 percent of DIA's market.

here's the link to the whole thing if you want it.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TRAVEL/10/21/bi.southwest.denver.ap/

Dude, I called it back in January 2005....I know the next two cities too..;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back