• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is UAL Thinking? Ted Going to MDW!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Knowing nothing about Midway but more than I ever wanted to about ORD, it might be a good move. Does MDW suffer as bad as ORD when the WX moves in? I don't know about mainline United, but we cancelled about half our schedule yesterday in to ORD.

They got fired for lying. Not for being naked. SWA doesn't like to be lied to.

yeh, everybody has tried it over many years; however, with O'hare flight restrictions, this may be another way to get people into the city.

Don't think it's gonna work long term though b/c there is no real plan besides subsidizing fares with employee pay reductions.

Probably just lip service to creditors and the judge. Gotta look like you are trying something to get over this financial hump... before the next wave of mainline a/c get parked and feeders take over flying with their a/c. (not complaining, just reality)

COS? not going to happen in the next five years, if ever. To much business on the East coast, to invest in COS.

Let's go antiquing.....

SWA/FO said:
Maybe you guys are gay lovers?

Say, aren't you the guy that went antiquing last weekend with Canyonblue or were you boys just shopping for fanny packs?

MDW DEN might be agood idea

SWA doesn't fly to DEN or Colorado for that matter. UAL is protecting market share at DEN. IAD MDW offers an alternative for N. Virginia other than BWI. UAL passengers that live closer to MDW might take those flights in lieu of ORD.

Whether it is successful or not, who knows, but it may not be a bad idea.

canyonblue said:
What makes you think you would get hired there? Oh yea, just tell 'em "I'm from United" hahahahahahahahahahahhohohohohohohohohohohohoohoh

Excellent point Canyon. You are absolutely correct, I should not presume anything. Maybe I should go buy the type rating, just like you did to help improve my long odds. Then I can say, "I bought the type rating just like a SWA guy, will you hire me now?"

Mugs said:
Excellent point Canyon. You are absolutely correct, I should not presume anything. Maybe I should go buy the type rating, just like you did to help improve my long odds. Then I can say, "I bought the type rating just like a SWA guy, will you hire me now?"

Those are the hiring minimums, sorry they are so high. What was it at United again? 400 hours and a commercial license.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back