What is the Skywest Inc. Plan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waterskier

Theory ... Scare alpa reps into into this POS TA by telling them how bad the industry is, and helping them swallow it by letting them write a generous section for themselves.... for all their hard work....
If pilots vote it in- Win for the Co.
If pilots vote it down, causes us to hate the union, many resign from the MEC, lots of infighting... loss of continuity... and they encourage us (subconsciously of course) to vote them off property. Maybe if we did that they would offer us the skywest contract.... of and everyone gets a nice 2% raise... but no more free RGT lunches;-)
or
If pilots vote it down, they start winding us down.... skywest can't take all the flying over night, but probably could over a couple of years... while were are fiddling with the NMB, all the growth will go to skywest... and they will use our planes that will be parked to cover it... Not shifting of flying.. but no new growth... I don't know all the rules of all the contracts, but sure the team of lawyers in St. George can find a hole in it somewhere...
I now I am probably way off base here, but I do know one thing for sure, Jerry did not get this far and build this big of an airline by making dumb decisions, and not having contingency plans that protect him & his interests...
Having said all that, I still think this TA DOA.... It looks to be our only option....
Have my stuff out... Just waiting for a call out of here;-)

Theory ... Scare alpa reps into into this POS TA by telling them how bad the industry is, and helping them swallow it by letting them write a generous section for themselves.... for all their hard work....
If pilots vote it in- Win for the Co.
If pilots vote it down, causes us to hate the union, many resign from the MEC, lots of infighting... loss of continuity... and they encourage us (subconsciously of course) to vote them off property. Maybe if we did that they would offer us the skywest contract.... of and everyone gets a nice 2% raise... but no more free RGT lunches;-)
or
If pilots vote it down, they start winding us down.... skywest can't take all the flying over night, but probably could over a couple of years... while were are fiddling with the NMB, all the growth will go to skywest... and they will use our planes that will be parked to cover it... Not shifting of flying.. but no new growth... I don't know all the rules of all the contracts, but sure the team of lawyers in St. George can find a hole in it somewhere...
I now I am probably way off base here, but I do know one thing for sure, Jerry did not get this far and build this big of an airline by making dumb decisions, and not having contingency plans that protect him & his interests...
Having said all that, I still think this TA DOA.... It looks to be our only option....
Have my stuff out... Just waiting for a call out of here;-)
You want to ride Non-union Skypest coattails eh??

Not sure what it is I want, but know for a fact that I do NOT want this POS TA.
If there were a way to have the same QOL, growth, & pay as Skywest... & it meant dumping alpa (giving myself a 2% raise in the process)....
Sounds pretty good from here...

Inc files "Bankruptcy".
That will be a trick considering their balance sheet...
But I do think that is what they were telling alpa... & they are just dumb enough to believe it...
If the current contracts force them into bankruptcy, then they are running a pretty poor business plan... Don't believe it for one second.

What if XJT files bankruptcy?

Jerrys 20 million and Brads stock goes to a penny stock overnight! They would have to open up the books and show the money flow between the carriers. XJT is 60% of SKYW , any bankruptcy will kill the stock. This would be the only way to get a fair look at the Co financials. Board members, executives, all major share holders lose millions, rebuilding the trust would be very difficult. Not to mention SKYW has nearly 1 billion cash in the bank not too many BK courts will believe this stunt! Chance this would happen 2%!

SKYW has a plan if we don't vote yes!

Where is ALPAs plan? ALPA has nearly 100 million dollars in MCF money to be allocated to get a good fair CBA. To my knowledge not one penny was spent on ASA XJT CBA! Where are the ADs, letters to investors, picketing, asking for a release from the NMB? ALPA hasn't done a thing to bring out the best offer from the Co! Chance SKYW has a plan 75% (maybe less it is airline Mgt) Chance these ALPA reps have a plan 5%. Chance we could have a plan to beat MGT with new reps 85%

We will die over time!

They can try. The unity from this combined group is enough to pressure the major partners into telling SKYW settle it now or else! They can't find enough pilots now. How is Jerry going to replace 4600 pilots? At some point reasonable demands will allow for a release from the NMB!

They will furlough and hire at SKYW!

Chance Jerry will follow through 35%. He tired in 2007 to transfer 700s and quit after the pilot group nearly shut the airline down and he realized you can't move pilots and A/C without a merger! There are also Fragmentation clauses if they put the A/C at SKYW...we go with the planes! Their non-union deal is better than this TA. 3% higher pay and 4 hour min-day 75 MMG with vacation!

The TPA and agreements have No Furlough as a result of the Merger clause. It would be up to ALPA to defend those agreements. If they divert growth, also protected! ALPA national doesn't want a fight. Pressure and good scope would force SKYW to pay us fair! Chance they will furlough 10%

They can't compete!

All the CPAs are online look them up for yourself if you desire. Where would Delta and United find 4600 pilots and an airline with the capital to finance A/C. Look at SKYW earnings reports! Jerry brags about how he can finance A/C better than anyone else in the industry and the Majors love him for it! They just have to dip into the profits if the pilots get more than other employees which they hate to do! Chance SKYW with nearly 100 billion in the bank, long term CPAs, aircraft on order, and a shortage of pilots! Think about it!

So why then would the reps cave? FEAR, thought bought they Co threat hook line and sinker. They won't be able to show you one Company financial document proving the need for these drastic cuts in QAL and pay!

Why does XJT get to keep their retirement, vacation MMG at 75 and lower insurance?
Likely they view their side having more votes and think ASA is an ?understanding group? willing to roll over. Not to mention most of the ASA ALPA reps are on full time leave and they know once XJT reps take over to stay on full time leave they have to appease them now!

Last edited:
Yes or No vote, im sure the E135/145's (non xr's) will go and a dozen 200's..maybe get into the E175 game at a "no net increase" game... But that will be tuff as SkyWest can bairly win a rfp...

Not sure what it is I want, but know for a fact that I do NOT want this POS TA.
If there were a way to have the same QOL, growth, & pay as Skywest... & it meant dumping alpa (giving myself a 2% raise in the process)....
Sounds pretty good from here...

Alpa has sold us out but without alpa xjet and Skyw would both take forced cuts. Us being alpa helps both pilot groups.

Latest resources

Back