Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the projected upgrade time for Mesaba new hires?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pal

I have gone the regional route before and would like to return if I can find a place with reasonable upgrade times. Objective info appreciated.

I have gone the regional route before and would like to return if I can find a place with reasonable upgrade times. Objective info appreciated.

Hey there, "Pal" -
Listen here, "Pal"
Sorry couldn't resist...

Mesaba upgrade as of the most recent vacancy award issued about a week ago shows the most junior Captain on the award with 1yr 4mo seniority.

Of course, now is when I would say something like all those financial commercials or e-trade websites, like "past performance doesn't predict future results" blahah lahb blah you get the idea. Personally, the rumors at Mesaba are good these days, so probably a good time to get aboard.

I am not 'in the know" But if you get on with Mesaba now, give it a shot you would be an FO for quite a while. That is unless we grow more. Now if you look at the writing on the wall, we are staged for growth. NWA should order more 900's, will they come to us? Who knows, but XJ just spent millions on ground trainning equipment just when our 900 and 200 deliveries were ending. That does not make sense, unless there is future growth. Also, as much as I do not want to see the 9's at NWA leave, they have a schedule to retire them as they hit a certain date. What will they replace them with? Should have came here when we were hiring street captains-but hind sight is 20/20. Maybe someone else has better insight.

Do not ever bank on "upgrade times".
upgrade time? In this current industry? Having a job right now and dodging furlough is the first priority.

Both outstanding points. The be basing sh** on upgrade times. Look at CHQ. Many guys went for the 2 year upgrade and are now either furloughed or looking at getting furloughed. So, there ya go.

Hi!

The current plan is to replace the -9s with the Bombardier "C", which comes out starting 2012. Boeing was trying to get NWA to consider their new 100-150 seat replacement aircraft, but it won't come out for at least 2 years after the "C". The "C" has the new Geared Turbofan (GTF) engines, which are supposed to be 20% more efficient than the MOST fuel efficient engines flying today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_CSeries

http://www.bombardier.com/en/aerospace/products/commercial-aircraft/cseries?docID=0901260d800091e6

http://www.bombardier.com/en/aerosp...al-aircraft/technology?docID=0901260d800091f1

cliff
YIP

when NWA ordered the 175s and 900's, they also came with a substantial amount of "options" from both companies. If I am not mistaken, it was like 100 options from Emb and like 150 from BOMBardiere. I am assuming options are bought, and that Delta is carrying over those options to the new company. Am I wrong, or is it anyones guess since its super top secret

Latest resources

Back