Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Is The Coolest Airplane You Have Flown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aerostar is a sweet airplane!

Flew my old boss's Grumman yankee, fast and fun little airplane

I have to agree with the guys talking about the Lear's! Nothing like pegg'n the VSI on climb out early in the morning!

Is there anybody on here that has flown the SR-71? I think I would take a ride in that airplane over a trip in the shuttle.:D

Albatross in the Conn. River south of Hartford.

I rode in the back of an AN-2 over Berlin long ago, that was alot of fun. Haven't flown anything that you guys would think is cool, though.

The Steen Skybolt was a blast to fly, and I wish I still had the opportunity to fly it.

The Tubine powered Bonanza is also a hoot.

Oh wait, the PC-12, 260 KTAS in cruise @ 310 pph; over the fence at 80 kts. ALL RIIIGHT!

I also flew a T-41 which is a 210hp "overpowered" Skyhawk. The only thing I didn't like about it was during touch and goes the flaps were the type that you had to hold the handle up while the flaps raised, otherwise they would stop in travel. Land, hold the flap handle up, midfield comes quick,flaps are now up and full power.

Even though you used up half the runway, and with my size and another person on board, the skyhawk would be at 500' by the time we hit the end of the runway. Dang good ride.

Latest resources

Back