Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the best aviation watch (Zulu time)?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dseagrav: I noticed in reading posts on this message board that someone always feels the need to make a snide comment in an attempt to make the poster feel inferior--or to make themselves feel superior to everyone else. I don't know what Zulu time is, I just want to make my pilot husband happy. I don't know much about flying, but seeing as how you've only flown a C-152, I doubt you will be flying to Europe and I don't think you would need a watch like the one I'm looking for.

Come back when you've done some time in a Learjet 20 series--handflying all the approaches and takeoffs.

It's not my intention to make you feel inferior or myself feel superior. I was making a joke. I did it for the lulz. Just because you don't think it's funny doesn't mean I did it to offend you. Funny is in the eye of the beholder. If I wanted to offend you or call you an idiot, I'd do so directly. Besides that, if words on the internet (or words in general) make you feel inferior to someone else, you're taking things too seriously.

Edit: Besides that, if I took myself so seriously as to think I could put someone down, I wouldn't call myself a dork and a nuisance and wouldn't infer that I can't navigate in my profile to the left.

My wife bought me a Chase-Durer Falcon Command...what a piece of crap. It went back to the manufacturer 3 times the first year for problems. The timer hands (both second and minute) won't stay zeroed out, constantly having to be adjusted. To repair it means a whole new movement, to the tune of another $150.00. Now the set screw won't stay recessed and the bezel won't turn. What a waste of money. I want my Timex back

I've got a 60 dollar Dakota. Stainless steel, stopwatch, lap counter, LED, glow in the dark face. Since it's got the analog hands and a digital clock, I have one set to local and one set to GMT. Not bad for a mall kiosk cheapie.

I've got a 60 dollar Dakota. Stainless steel, stopwatch, lap counter, LED, glow in the dark face. Since it's got the analog hands and a digital clock, I have one set to local and one set to GMT. Not bad for a mall kiosk cheapie.

do you have a link for one of these?

My husband wants a watch with Zulu time on it. I assume this is GMT? He is going to start a new job flying all over the world, and I wanted to get him a good (not too expensive) watch that will do the job for him. Does anyone have any suggestions fo a decent "starter" watch? Thanks.

I alternate between the "Pepsi" Rolex GMT Master, the Omega Seamaster GMT and a vintage Omega FlightMaster. The Omegas are much more durable than the Rolex. The Rolex is more like jewelry. All are heavy; the Omegas more so than the Rolex.

One of the other pilots wears a Breitling Windrider Chronomat Evolution. It's pretty tasteful in steel and gold.

One guy has a gold and steel Rolex GMT Master. It looks great, but too much $$$ I think.

One of our other pilots has a Titanium Breitling Professional Co Pilot. It's electronic and very light.

Some of the other pilots seem to like the Tag Heuers, but I don't know their product line well enought to make a recommendation.

Good luck!

GV

I have an Omega. It's average at keeping accurate time (actually probably below average considering what it cost.

I mostly use my Breitling B-1, it only lost 15-sec over the past year. A cheaper alternative to the B-1 is the Breitling Professional (under a $1000). If it's an option, try buying it in Deleware...no tax.

I purchased both my more expensive watches from AR Morris. Good people, good prices...be prepared to negotiate some. They are used to pilots buying watches from them from all over the country.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A R Morris Jewelers[/FONT] 802 Market Street
Wilmington DE 19801

http://www.armorrisjewelers.com/

Try a Citizen Navitach, if you can find one. You can set the digital display in the center for any of a bunch of places, including Zulu. Has an alarm, etc. I think I got mine on sale at the local jeweler for about $165.

Heyas,

[Obligatory Troll Post Warning]

I wear my Spongbob Squarepants watch I got free in a box of cereal. I get some funny looks sometimes, but the price was right and the chicks dig it...

Woman: Awww, your child gave you a watch and you're wearing it, how nice!

Me: Um...yea, actually, it's was my sister's kid, yea, that's it...

Woman: Your sister? Want to get a cup of coffee?

Me: Sure.

Happened more than once...

Nu

Hey I like Sponge Bob as much as the next guy, but I have my standards.

Woman: What kind of car do you drive?

NuGuy: A mini-van

Woman: A mini-van?

NuGuy: Yea, I pick-up orphans on my days off and drive them to school.

All the rest of us: barfing

Hey I like Sponge Bob as much as the next guy, but I have my standards.

Woman: What kind of car do you drive?

NuGuy: A mini-van

Woman: A mini-van?

NuGuy: Yea, I pick-up orphans on my days off and drive them to school.

All the rest of us: barfing

Hehe,

Barf all you want....

Rest of you: Barfing, alone, surfing the 'net on a Saturday night.

Me: Out with da ladies that fell for the watch gag...but I'll remember the mini-van line...that's a good one.;)

Next up: my dog rental service next to the park.

Nu

Latest resources

Back