What is Scenic Airlines pay???

VERN

Total Time
Any one know what the pay and duty time is like at Scenic. Do you even get travel benefits?

Irish Pilot

What An Industry
Total Time
Enough
We have travel bennys on many different airlines....NWA, ATA, AWest, Delta, Hawiian, Air New Zealand, Sun Country, and many many more if you can believe it

Heres a link to a thread from a few weeks ago that has a lot of good info for ya. And as an FYI to save up space around here dont forget to try the search function as well :).

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=54897&highlight=scenic

VERN

Total Time
I was wondering if anyone know the pay scale at Scenic and if they have a contract you have to sign? Also what is the upgrade time like?

Irish Pilot

What An Industry
Total Time
Enough
lol Vern did you look at that link at all? The pay and upgrade info is in there as I recall. Yes you do sign a contract for one year. Many leave before their contract is up but most pay the pro-rated amount for the portion they have left.

VERN

Total Time
Irish Pilot said:
lol Vern did you look at that link at all? The pay and upgrade info is in there as I recall. Yes you do sign a contract for one year. Many leave before their contract is up but most pay the pro-rated amount for the portion they have left.
Can pilots live off of what they make at Scenic? Will FO's get a schedule something like 4 on 3 off?

greyhound

Total Time
Anyone have an idea when calls go out to potential interviewees after finishing the on-line application?

Applied about 3 weeks ago.

Is no news good news?

One more question, is there pay during training?

Thanks.....

lowtimeguy

Total Time
Assuming one can upgrade to Captain quickly, and get that 1000 pic in the Otter, is that worth sticking around for? Why do so many FO's bail for other regionals without waiting for the upgrade and pic time?

Irish Pilot

What An Industry
Total Time
Enough
lowtimeguy said:
Assuming one can upgrade to Captain quickly, and get that 1000 pic in the Otter, is that worth sticking around for? Why do so many FO's bail for other regionals without waiting for the upgrade and pic time?
I believe its worth sticking around for....one of our guys left just last week for Allegiant. The FO turn around is so fast because guys get a couple hundred 121 turbine (if that even) and get all hot and bothered about being in a CRJ or getting on a seniority list that they jump ship. Most if not all the guys we currently have above 1200TT or so seem to be planning on staying. You will build PIC time at about 80-100 hours a month...you will be home every night...and most first year captains seem to be making around $35k a year.

It can be a great place to work....or it can be a great place to launch you to the regional of your choice.