Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is more important, Labor friendly NMB and bankruptcy judges or tax cuts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JT12345

What do you think will affect your income more?

Management has used bankrupcty against labor contracts after 20 years of trying because they had a Republican congress and executive branch that was anti-union.

The National Mediation Board members and bankruptcy judges were anti-union, and a part of an anti-union adminstration.

They have rolled back airline pilot wages to 1980 levels with 30-40% reductions in takehome pay for airline pilots.

For me a tax cut is not as important as our ability to get 20% back over the next ten years.

I'm gonna say its a combo but lean towards labor friendly because if nobody has a job then there won't be anyone working to collect taxes from.

Also I gotta say of course I don't want to pay higher taxes but dipsh1t bush has got this country in such a financial hole I think we all need to pony up to get the US financial house in order. we need to repay all the $$ we owe and get the deficit back to the plus side and a lot of this economy mess will clear up.

By far we need labor friendly courts and an administration that is pro labor.
Labor friendly courts make unions stronger, which gives us better wages and work rules.
Tax cuts don't mean much when you don't have a job.

You get both with Obama. Labor Friendly Democrats in the courts, and a tax cut if you make less than $250,000 a year (or at least not a tax raise). If you make more than $250,000 a year (like I do thanks to my wife), that is just the way it goes. But, I still want the labor friendly democrats. Enough of the Republican doctrine that is pro management. You've had your time.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

You get both with Obama. Labor Friendly Democrats in the courts, and a tax cut if you make less than $250,000 a year (or at least not a tax raise). If you make more than $250,000 a year (like I do thanks to my wife), that is just the way it goes. But, I still want the labor friendly democrats. Enough of the Republican doctrine that is pro management. You've had your time.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

So what is the plan? buy another house? 401k or IRA deposits...

I've never made more than 100k.... what do you do with all that extra cabbage? And how will you lower your tax liability...

Neither will be friendly to 'airline pilot' labor. Wait and see...

I have to agree...Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a Democratic Clinton admin keep American from striking by ordering pilots to work!!

American Airlines Resuming Service After Clinton Stops Strike

By Brian Knowlton
Published: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 1997

WASHINGTON: American Airlines service was nearly back to normal Sunday, a day after President Bill Clinton ordered pilots back to work. But the prospect that his action might merely delay a strike appeared certain to jostle and confuse domestic and international travel until a solution is reached.

Our national security trumps all of this. What kind of economy would there be with another 9-11. There would be no need for the NMB with no job!

Last edited:
You guys have to get over the increased tax thing... Do you really think the people tha make over $250,000 a year don't have a ton of tax breaks? The folks that make the big money usually end up paying less in taxes then everyone else. Thats why the top 10% of the people in the U.S. who make 90% of the money only pay 40% of the taxes... The increased taxes that Obama is going to charge the rich won't hurt them at all... He11, finance another lake house and right off the intersest.... They will just find more right-offs so they don't pay the taxes and the general population will continue to support the country... There is ways to get around the high tax bracket.... The increadably wealthy know how it works...... Time for Fare tax....

Latest resources

Back