Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is more important, Labor friendly NMB and bankruptcy judges or tax cuts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys have to get over the increased tax thing... Do you really think the people tha make over $250,000 a year don't have a ton of tax breaks? The folks that make the big money usually end up paying less in taxes then everyone else. Thats why the top 10% of the people in the U.S. who make 90% of the money only pay 40% of the taxes... The increased taxes that Obama is going to charge the rich won't hurt them at all... He11, finance another lake house and right off the intersest.... They will just find more right-offs so they don't pay the taxes and the general population will continue to support the country...

Yea and those who don't want to work get it all for free. I was in the hospital the other day with my son and a family next to me with no one working is sitting there with all their fancy blackberries and 200.00 sneakers typing away, talking and having a good old time yelling screaming, laughing and talking about how all their expenses at the hospital are covered (loud enough that security had to shut em up)while I get a $6000.00 bill for a broken wrist!! With an Obama administration this crap is going to run rampant!!

$6000 bill for a broken wrist??? How much did your insurance pay??? You probably paid your copay and went home.. Maybe an extra $100 for the ER visit... You make it sound like its gonna cost you $6000 out of pocket....

I have to agree...Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a Democratic Clinton admin keep American from striking by ordering pilots to work!!

American Airlines Resuming Service After Clinton Stops Strike

By Brian Knowlton
Published: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 1997

WASHINGTON: American Airlines service was nearly back to normal Sunday, a day after President Bill Clinton ordered pilots back to work. But the prospect that his action might merely delay a strike appeared certain to jostle and confuse domestic and international travel until a solution is reached.

Our national security trumps all of this. What kind of economy would there be with another 9-11. There would be no need for the NMB with no job!

terrorism

noun
the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

So how many years do you intend to let the terrorism work on you? If you intend to give up your quality of life on a permanent basis then "they" have won anyway so your point is moot.

Believe it or not, it is possible for a politician to fight terrorism, keep our country secure, and not screw the worker. I don't really see anything that makes these things mutually exclusive.

The administration has used the fear of terrorism to a greater effect than even the terrorists have.

PIPE

Jumbo shrimp

Crisis Management,

Honest Lawyers,

Amicable Divorce,

Reagan Democrat,

Exact Estimate,

and the most laughable,

Labor friendly NMB.

Your question presupposes that Obama will in fact provide you with pro labor forces in government. Show me how the Democrats have been ALPA friendly over the last 20 years and I'll consider it. Until then, I'll vote against BOTH major party candidates.

:)

I'm all for a "fare tax". The only "fair" tax is called a flat tax, where EVERYBODY pays a flat percentage of their gross income.

The guy making $20,000/yr pays 10% just like the guy making $200,000/yr, just like the guy making $2M/year.

That way nobody can ever claim you're not paying your "fair share".

I'm all for a "fare tax". The only "fair" tax is called a flat tax, where EVERYBODY pays a flat percentage of their gross income.

The guy making $20,000/yr pays 10% just like the guy making $200,000/yr, just like the guy making $2M/year.

That way nobody can ever claim you're not paying your "fair share".
That is the perfect way to bankrupt the government.

Really?

How so fellow Boilermaker, explain it to me.
If you reduce all tax brackets to 10%, there will be tremendous drop in revenue that the government receives. You will have to come up with the shortfall somewhere, which is why "Fair tax" plans come with a national sales tax.

Except this only shifts the burden even more disproportionally to the lower classes, as people need the same amount of basic consumables to survive.

So, in reality, a wealthy person takes far more of his or her income home, while it is the lowest individual who pays the highest percentage of his/her income in taxes.

Nothing fair about that. Didn't Carney teach you ethics?

So, in reality, a wealthy person takes far more of his or her income home, while it is the lowest individual who pays the highest percentage of his/her income in taxes.

THAT is the key statement here....his or her income. It's not Uncle Sam's, it's ours. If you don't make much you pay higher percentages for EVERYTHING; taxes, gas, groceries, iphones, and on and on. Besides, the government will never go "bankrupt", if trillion $$ deficits can't do it, nothing will.

Latest resources

Back