• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is going on at Avantair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The next battleground for NJ pilots will be the FO wages. The faster upgrades at the other fracs should be used to justify a substantial increase in FO wages at NJ. I am pleased for those pilots that are upgrading quickly, but personally believe that the FO wages should be fair for a professional pilot in the event that upgrades slow and pilots are stuck at FO wages for a long time.

So, what you're telling us is that during the next contract negotiations, the IBT will push for better FO wages at the expense of CA wages? Unusual, as this has never been the case with ALPA.

NJW funny how you only rely on P180 for information. What about all the other posts by Avantair pilots. Do they not count? By the way check the internet they have a matching 401k, they get overtime for working holidays, etc. etc. Why continue the misinformation campaign. I don't get it. You just lose credibilty and quite frankly it makes 1108 look bad. Please stick to the facts.

I thought that only training CA's at this point did'nt have the 7 and 7, do you do that Puke?

Good point, CAJ. Getting all the facts/data straight off the Avantair website makes sense. I had invited the Avant pilots to explain all of their compensation package, including benefits, because I thought it would be the most up to date report and I prefer the personal viewpoint and history that goes along with the numbers.

I quoted P180 because the others were focusing more on the pay, and I was interested in understanding the total picture. Is the company's website up to date and does it contain all of the information? If so, that does seem like a good way to learn more about the company. Accusing me of a misinformation campaign is extremely unfair considering that I asked the Avant pilots to specifically post all the benefit data here so that there would be no misunderstanding of their situation...:rolleyes:

Jonjuan, I was stating the reality of the NJ CBA. The FOs didn't make up as much lost ground as the Captains did; therefore, they have further to go to reach the professional compensation level their skills merit. There will be a number of issues to work out at the table; it just so happens that the FO cause is one my family identifies with strongly. Local 1108 surveys the pilot group before negotiations and uses the results to build the platform. It will be up to the NJ pilots to say what their priorities are, but looking at the current CBA I will be surprised if the FOs don't speak out against their low wages and the restrictive domicile situation. The FOs will be represented on the Master Executive Council by a member dedicated to helping them with the challenges they face. The NJ pilots will be voting on that MEC in the coming months. I understand that the Avantair pilots are represented by their PAC.

Best wishes to both groups and their leaders!
Netjetwife

3. Every Federal holiday I've worked, I have been paid a day's OT....

Really? I must've missed that in the pilot's employee handbook ....oh wait, we still dont have one of those hahaha Far as I know, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Years Day are the only holidays that O.T. is payed out on.

Alas, NBAA has come and gone ....nice big booth, no new plane announcement. EMB's are dead :(

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back