What is FlightSafety like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jknight8907

I found out that I'm going to be going to the FlightSafety Navajo recurrency training, Aug 8-11. Anyone gone through this, or a similar thing? What is the schedule like, and what does the recurrency involve?

thanks!

I've gone through different FSI schools, mostly for Lear recurrency. Don't know which facility you're going to, but...
All FSI's are pretty good. They gear towards the "client", and are really pilot friendly.
Seems like I go to FSI to do all the things I never (or rarely) do in an actual plane; manually extend the gear, single engine work, overspeeds and hot starts...
Hopefully you'll have a good instructor and learn something about the plane. Have a good time.
Where is that school?

Captain4242 said:
I've gone through different FSI schools, mostly for Lear recurrency. Don't know which facility you're going to, but...
All FSI's are pretty good. They gear towards the "client", and are really pilot friendly.
Seems like I go to FSI to do all the things I never (or rarely) do in an actual plane; manually extend the gear, single engine work, overspeeds and hot starts...
Hopefully you'll have a good instructor and learn something about the plane. Have a good time.
Where is that school?
Thanks.

We're going to Lakeland, FL.

Bringing this thread back with a question:

What's the dress code at FSI?

Business casual. Slacks and a polo shirt or dress shirt with no tie is what the majority of guys wear there. Occasionally you'll see someone wearing jeans and a nice shirt with some decent shoes - that's fine too. No need to dress up any better for your checkride. All of the instructors are wearing shirts and ties.

You'll enjoy the training. Both FSI and Simuflite are top notch outfits. You'll leave learning something new after every recurrent. Even if you have to do it every 6 months.

Cheers!

Latest resources

Back