What is FlightSafety like?

jknight8907

Total Time
I found out that I'm going to be going to the FlightSafety Navajo recurrency training, Aug 8-11. Anyone gone through this, or a similar thing? What is the schedule like, and what does the recurrency involve?

thanks!

Captain4242

Total Time
+10300
I've gone through different FSI schools, mostly for Lear recurrency. Don't know which facility you're going to, but...
All FSI's are pretty good. They gear towards the "client", and are really pilot friendly.
Seems like I go to FSI to do all the things I never (or rarely) do in an actual plane; manually extend the gear, single engine work, overspeeds and hot starts...
Hopefully you'll have a good instructor and learn something about the plane. Have a good time.
Where is that school?

jimpilot

Total Time
FSI isn't as good as SimuFlite but it's not bad.

(A very biased opinion)

Last edited:

jknight8907

Total Time
Captain4242 said:
I've gone through different FSI schools, mostly for Lear recurrency. Don't know which facility you're going to, but...
All FSI's are pretty good. They gear towards the "client", and are really pilot friendly.
Seems like I go to FSI to do all the things I never (or rarely) do in an actual plane; manually extend the gear, single engine work, overspeeds and hot starts...
Hopefully you'll have a good instructor and learn something about the plane. Have a good time.
Where is that school?
Thanks.

We're going to Lakeland, FL.

jknight8907

Total Time
Bringing this thread back with a question:

What's the dress code at FSI?

CubanSmoker

Total Time
Business casual. Slacks and a polo shirt or dress shirt with no tie is what the majority of guys wear there. Occasionally you'll see someone wearing jeans and a nice shirt with some decent shoes - that's fine too. No need to dress up any better for your checkride. All of the instructors are wearing shirts and ties.

You'll enjoy the training. Both FSI and Simuflite are top notch outfits. You'll leave learning something new after every recurrent. Even if you have to do it every 6 months.

Cheers!

jknight8907

Total Time
Okay, thanks. Pretty much what I had figured.