Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
According to the NTSB, you must make immediate notification of an accident that has resulted in serious injury/death to any occupants and/or major damage to the aircraft.

They further state that no other accidents need to be reported unless requested.

What other kinds of accidents are there?

If you run out of fuel and make a smooth landing in a field, is that an accident???

Just wondering

All accidents must be reported immediately and a report filed in the given time frame. Incidents that require immediate notification (ntsb 830.5) must also have a report filed if requested.

Running out of fuel and landing safely in a field with no injury or damage is not an accident according to the definition, and would not need to be reported to the ntsb.

oh i forget the whole list..but i'm sure there's someone here that can fill it in/correct me.

it goes something like this. the plane has to be being operated for the purposes of flight when at least one of these happens:

over $25k of damage
a broken bone (except fingers, nose and toes)
any 3rd degree burns
someone who has over a certain % (dont rem the %) of 1st or 2nd degree burns.
a death is a result (i think they're is a time limit..within so many days or hours)
hospitalization of somene within 48 hours (i think).

this is all off the top of my head so there are sure to be some errors in there. but thats the gist of it.

UnAnswerd said:
If you run out of fuel and make a smooth landing in a field, is that an accident???

This would be an incident and typically not reported.

Is this the guy that just asks questions to see how many replys he can get? And why any one who has gone through private pilot ground school does not know this?

Hang up your spurs cowboy.

JAFI

JAFI said:
Is this the guy that just asks questions to see how many replys he can get? And why any one who has gone through private pilot ground school does not know this?

Hang up your spurs cowboy.

JAFI

If this guy ever does actually bone up and get his license, he should be one healthy step ahead of the game when it comes to his ground school.

He does need a new avatar though.

JAFI said:
Is this the guy that just asks questions to see how many replys he can get?
What an intelligent assumption. I assume eveyone else who asks questions within this board is also doing so just for the Hell of it?

JAFI said:
And why any one who has gone through private pilot ground school does not know this?
Your an idiot to think that ground school, covers in detail, all aspecst of any particular topic.

UnAnswerd said:
What an intelligent assumption. I assume eveyone else who asks questions within this board is also doing so just for the Hell of it?

Your an idiot to think that ground school, covers in detail, all aspecst of any particular topic.

I tried OHHHH so hard to not click on the Quote button...

JAFI! How DARE you! You IGNORANT IDIOT! The auDACIty of you to question this poor soul's motives! You must apologize to him IMMEDIately! SHAME on you! ! !

Hey, UnAnswerd... have you called any other Feds an idiot, or just JAFI?

Did your parents have any smart children?

I am trying so very hard to not click on "Submit Reply" . . .

HAAAA HAAA Tony C

It is good to be without vices, but it is not good to be without temptations. —Walter Bagehot

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back