Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What if USAir merged with American(DOH west?)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Cowboy75,

Yes, they took me off for using a word, properly, that is still being used improperly here from what I've seen upon my return. Guess I also reported a post but then couldn't resist quoting the post. Well, anyway....thanks.

You've been civil to me in our East-West "civil war"

Looking forward to more debates.

Cowboy

AutoBus suspended for improper use of the term "Scab", even hidden in asterisks...

Everyone has been warned REPEATEDLY about this. Next person gets 30 days. No questions asked. Knock it off.

/mod

Actually, the party that agreed to Nic is long gone.

What, THE PILOTS IN THE SERVICE OF USAIRWAYS and THE PILOTS IN SERVICE OF AMERICA WEST AIRLINES are gone? How them airplanes gettin' flown?

Think of ALPA as Jerry McGuire and the pilots as Rod Tidwell. Then along came Sugar...

AutoBus suspended for improper use of the term "Scab", even hidden in asterisks...

Everyone has been warned REPEATEDLY about this. Next person gets 30 days. No questions asked. Knock it off.

/mod

I guess I missed that post.

Caveman,

Wow, that's some interesting fiction. It certainly didn't suck to be at US Airways when we were hired. In fact, there were several thankful AWA pilots in my class. Our wages were better, as were our working conditions. We had 400 Airbus' on order. Some of our work rules are still better, (called mommy to be released lately?) ALPA somehow missed out on giving it all away! In your own active imagination, AWA has been THE place to work since its time began. Cute idea, but not in line with actual facts.

Furthermore, I believe it's your side that's doing the suing. We were the defendants, remember? That's why we had to appeal your hometown judge's "ruling." And what's this about losing? Judge Wake is about to be told by the higher court to dismiss your last "victory."

Time has a way of filtering out the BS. As I've pointed out, there's quite a bit of it in your post. Stay tuned.

All jobs are great when you first get hired. Some end up working out pretty well. Others not so much. Has getting hired at Airways lived up to your expectations? Multiple furloughs, multiple bankruptcies, major pay concessions, 20+ year FO's, CA to FO downgrades, retirement gone, etc, etc. How has it been the last few years fighting with the West? Every Airways pilot I know (and I know more than a few) was thrilled to get the job initially. For most of them it's been downhill ever since.

FYI, I'm not a Westie, hence the "those of us on the sidelines" comment, but I can assure you that my opinion about the East vs West debacle is not unique. Every non-Airways pilot I've ever discussed this topic with basically agrees with me. It's universally understood that USAPA and the East are sore losers and have been unreasonable throughout this event.

I wish you and the West well. I hope someday, somehow you guys can come to terms and get past this. In order for that to happen one of you has to man up and do the right thing. I strongly suggest the Easties take a long hard look in the mirror. The solution to your problems will be staring back at you.

All jobs are great when you first get hired. Some end up working out pretty well. Others not so much. Has getting hired at Airways lived up to your expectations? Multiple furloughs, multiple bankruptcies, major pay concessions, 20+ year FO's, CA to FO downgrades, retirement gone, etc, etc. How has it been the last few years fighting with the West? Every Airways pilot I know (and I know more than a few) was thrilled to get the job initially. For most of them it's been downhill ever since.

FYI, I'm not a Westie, hence the "those of us on the sidelines" comment, but I can assure you that my opinion about the East vs West debacle is not unique. Every non-Airways pilot I've ever discussed this topic with basically agrees with me. It's universally understood that USAPA and the East are sore losers and have been unreasonable throughout this event.

I wish you and the West well. I hope someday, somehow you guys can come to terms and get past this. In order for that to happen one of you has to man up and do the right thing. I strongly suggest the Easties take a long hard look in the mirror. The solution to your problems will be staring back at you.

Well said! :beer:

THe west needs to negotiate- they have been holding up the train for to long. I for one would lke to see some reason over there, but just dont see it. They continue to cling to thier lottery ticket and refuse to budge.

Funny, we were at a gathering the other day about how obstinate our east counter parts were trying to cash the DOH lottery ticket and that they just don't see it.

There was a contract that was about 90% done prior to the inception of USAPA. The two JNC's were down to the final touches that included wages. The company testified in court that they were expecting to pay the AWA wages + an additional 10% - 11% (that would have been narrow body pay of about $157 and hour). All that money, time off and better scheduling.......GONE. Never to be recovered.

Now that's what I call holding things up. USAPA promised a new contract in SIX MONTHS. We are now sitting at 2 years and 3 months.

Funny, we were at a gathering the other day about how obstinate our east counter parts were trying to cash the DOH lottery ticket and that they just don't see it.

There was a contract that was about 90% done prior to the inception of USAPA. The two JNC's were down to the final touches that included wages. The company testified in court that they were expecting to pay the AWA wages + an additional 10% - 11% (that would have been narrow body pay of about $157 and hour). All that money, time off and better scheduling.......GONE. Never to be recovered.

Now that's what I call holding things up. USAPA promised a new contract in SIX MONTHS. We are now sitting at 2 years and 3 months.

How's yer lawsuit coming?

How's yer lawsuit coming?

Quite well, thanks for asking. Donations are coming in from all over the globe. It's going to be an interesting couple of months (for you senior captains that lurk, that translated to about $15,000 in lost income, time off & other improvements. 2 years & 4 months...isn't that funny?

Latest resources

Back