What Headset to use on ERJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyLoNSlo

For those of you that fly on the ERJ, what headset would you recommend to use? I heard Telex (ANR750) or Sennheiser (HMEC25) are fairly good. Has anyone used them or can someone make some recommendations? Are the ones provided by the company any good?
Thanks for any info

I use the Telex 5x5 pro w/ earmolds for both ears. I love it. I can't believe I went as long as I did with those friggin D&C.

I use the Bose. They work quite well in the ERJ. If you're going to do the earmolds, I'd recommend the Plantronics headset, versus the Telex. However, you have to get the Mike Scoop for it. The mike makes a lot less noise than the Telex. I've used it before and have had no complaints from the guy sitting next to me. I just can't get the earmolds to fit right, so I went to the Bose.

If you can make your way to a Bose store they have 18 month 0% financing on the headsets. Otherwise if you order from Bose online you can 12 month.

My company provides us with D&C and it works pretty good. ERJ cockpit is pretty loud because the windscreen is design for the E120 which is a turboprop, what I'm trying to say is the windscreen is making a lot of noise because its not design for jet aircrafts. ;)

I use the telex 5x5, but have used bose in the past on other planes. I'd say if you can afford the bose, go for it. But that's not likely if your in the erj. I've heard from some of the people I fly with that the quiet technologies are priced a little better than the telex. But if you switch to earmolds you'll probably never go back. With the telex, I no longer get that headache that comes from wearing the "brain squeezers" for an 8 hour day. Good luck!

Get the Plantronics equivalent to the Telex 5x5. You can get them on eBay for $50 or Stop Over Store for around $140. The mic is more quiet than on the Telex. I have the 5x5 but have flown with people that have the Plantronics. There is a noticible difference escpecially with the $20 mic hood from the Stop Over Store.

If what azpilot says is true, then go with the plantronics. The background noise with the 5x5 is very noticable. However, most pilots turn off the hot mic when they don't need it. Any headset will pick up that ungodly noise.

Latest resources

Back