• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what has your union done >>>>>

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Mesa pilot union announced that it reached an agreement with management that cuts their pay in half and requires the FO's to clean the lavs. This agreement comes after JO and the management team at Mesa successfully petitioned the FAA to allow trained monkeys to fly their aircraft in revenue service.

Reportedly, test monkeys from an unspecified lab in a foreign country were trained to ATP proficiency and given type ratings on the new 120 seat Canadair Regional Jets. As many as 150 monkeys had passed the test and were slated to be hired into a new all Monkey division of Mesa Airlines called "GO Bananas". Unfortunately negotiations with the Monkey Union hit an impasse when the company refused to provide crew bananas in the contract. A company official said " Hey, bananas are expensive".

When asked for a comment, Captain Peepers the head of AMPA, the Airline Monkey Pilots Association, said "ooohhoooaaaaa!!!eeeeee". He then flung poo at the microphone and ran away.

That is by far the funniest thing I have ever read on this board!!!

WELL DONE!!

Look at what the wages demands did to the majors in the last 5 years.

Spoken like a true management stooge. Wage demands had absolutely nothing to do with what has happened over the previous five years. Incredibly poor management is to blame for that.

What can the regional Unions do? Whenever they do stand up for themselves they get whipsawed into another sub-standard contract. I can see it now...

The Mesa pilot union announced that it reached an agreement with management that cuts their pay in half and requires the FO's to clean the lavs. This agreement comes after JO and the management team at Mesa successfully petitioned the FAA to allow trained monkeys to fly their aircraft in revenue service.

Reportedly, test monkeys from an unspecified lab in a foreign country were trained to ATP proficiency and given type ratings on the new 120 seat Canadair Regional Jets. As many as 150 monkeys had passed the test and were slated to be hired into a new all Monkey division of Mesa Airlines called "GO Bananas". Unfortunately negotiations with the Monkey Union hit an impasse when the company refused to provide crew bananas in the contract. A company official said " Hey, bananas are expensive".

When asked for a comment, Captain Peepers the head of AMPA, the Airline Monkey Pilots Association, said "ooohhoooaaaaa!!!eeeeee". He then flung poo at the microphone and ran away.
Without a doubt the funniest goddamn thing ever posted here!

Why have Union representation?

If I wouldn't have had ALPA representation, management would have imposed a $10/hour pay cut, to my 2nd year FO wages, a year ago. With the work rules changes that went along with the wage cuts I stood to loose $12 to $15 thousand. I'd say that is well worth my 1.95% union dues. Of course I'll still take a pay cut because my company is in bankruptcy, but ALPA has sucessfully delayed it by at least a year, and when I do take a cut it won't be nearly as severe.

Spoken like a true management stooge. Wage demands had absolutely nothing to do with what has happened over the previous five years. Incredibly poor management is to blame for that.

And skyrocketing oil prices.

That one's always left out for some reason. Anyone who thinks airlines went bankrupt just because of pilot salaries has their head in their a**, no offense (if that's possible, but give me a godd*mn f*cking break). To think that UA, AA, and DL hit rock bottom just because their captains could afford a nice house and a comfortable lifestyle is absurd. You want to know why UA went bankrupt? Look at Tilton's $45,000,000 bonus he took out after slashing everyone's pay. That behavior should be indicative of something. It's out of control capitalism and greedy CEO's who don't give a hell for the labor that keeps the money in their pockets. Furthermore, oil quadrupling in price may have had some effect.

How backwards and weak minded does someone have to be to not see that?

how come the non-union airlines did not go BK?

how come the non-union airlines did not go BK?

Because they didn't have to abuse the bankruptcy system in an effort to decimate their pilots' contracts.

I think the answer here is perhaps some legal defense but otherwise nothing, nadda, zip, zilch

They really can't. Subcontractors (thats what regional pilots really are) can't have a union. They are contractors, not employees of the company. One regional doesn't do it cheap enough, fire em and get Mesa.

Latest resources

Back