what has your union done >>>>>

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

country

First off I want to make it clear that I'm not being a smarta$$ or wanting to start a flame war. I have a question for you folks flying 121. By admission I am ignorant of the 121 world regarding your union and management issues and what you have been putting up with regarding your salaries. I do have friends flying 121 so most of what I here is from them or on this board. I have always been a Corp 91 pilot and have been able with each move increase my salary way over what my friends make flying for the regional. To be blunt the regional pay you guys are getting is absolutely embarrassing...bottom line big time a joke. My question is this: What has your union done to address and fix this problem...frankly why have union representation with these types of slag pay rates. Honestly how much worse can it get, I'd say its hit bottom pathetic for you guys...I hate it. Good folks dedicated to doing a good job at embarrassing wages. Somebody has to step up and help you guys. I'm curious what has the union done to address this problem.

... My question is this: What has your union done to address and fix this problem...frankly why have union representation with these types of slag pay rates. Honestly how much worse can it get, I'd say its hit bottom pathetic for you guys...I hate it. Good folks dedicated to doing a good job at embarrassing wages. Somebody has to step up and help you guys. I'm curious what has the union done to address this problem.

What can the regional Unions do? Whenever they do stand up for themselves they get whipsawed into another sub-standard contract. I can see it now...

The Mesa pilot union announced that it reached an agreement with management that cuts their pay in half and requires the FO's to clean the lavs. This agreement comes after JO and the management team at Mesa successfully petitioned the FAA to allow trained monkeys to fly their aircraft in revenue service.

Reportedly, test monkeys from an unspecified lab in a foreign country were trained to ATP proficiency and given type ratings on the new 120 seat Canadair Regional Jets. As many as 150 monkeys had passed the test and were slated to be hired into a new all Monkey division of Mesa Airlines called "GO Bananas". Unfortunately negotiations with the Monkey Union hit an impasse when the company refused to provide crew bananas in the contract. A company official said " Hey, bananas are expensive".

When asked for a comment, Captain Peepers the head of AMPA, the Airline Monkey Pilots Association, said "ooohhoooaaaaa!!!eeeeee". He then flung poo at the microphone and ran away.

What can the regional Unions do? Whenever they do stand up for themselves they get whipsawed into another sub-standard contract. I can see it now...

The Mesa pilot union announced that it reached an agreement with management that cuts their pay in half and requires the FO's to clean the lavs. This agreement comes after JO and the management team at Mesa successfully petitioned the FAA to allow trained monkeys to fly their aircraft in revenue service.

Reportedly, test monkeys from an unspecified lab in a foreign country were trained to ATP proficiency and given type ratings on the new 120 seat Canadair Regional Jets. As many as 150 monkeys had passed the test and were slated to be hired into a new all Monkey division of Mesa Airlines called "GO Bananas". Unfortunately negotiations with the Monkey Union hit an impasse when the company refused to provide crew bananas in the contract. A company official said " Hey, bananas are expensive".

When asked for a comment, Captain Peepers the head of AMPA, the Airline Monkey Pilots Association, said "ooohhoooaaaaa!!!eeeeee". He then flung poo at the microphone and ran away.

You need to find a way to work the GO BANANAS thing into every one of your posts. It is the best thing I have ever read on this or any other aviation forum!

amazing how the mind works at 4am (unable to sleep, getting over a head cold ). Should I start a new thread? I think this sums up pilot/mgt. relations across the entire industry spectrum. By the way, I just got junior assigned for xmas day, serves me right for posting that I guess.

amazing how the mind works at 4am (unable to sleep, getting over a head cold ). Should I start a new thread? I think this sums up pilot/mgt. relations across the entire industry spectrum. By the way, I just got junior assigned for xmas day, serves me right for posting that I guess.

Serves you right for answering the phone! Don't do it!

I missed the intro.

How did AMPA become the collective bargaining agent for those monkeys?

It looks like the "monkeys" in the example got what they wanted.

What's the issue here?

In the end financial markets and their interest in financing airline operations determine how much pilots will be paid. If the airlines wage structure allows the airline to sell tickets in a competitive market and be profitable, then the finance markets will allow the airline to have money to purchase equipment and operate. Unions can only define wages within the above limits. Look at what the wages demands did to the majors in the last 5 years.

Latest resources

Back