• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What has ALPA done for me lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does not ALPA need to though? Aren't all these recent nickel and dime successes missing the point of the major structural failures?

Agreed... the 2008BOD had an agenda to create a National agenda.....

Recall during the golden years of the career, only Capts. could vote. Then when FOs got a to vote they only had 1/2 vote.

We have to start somewhere and be somewhere...

Last edited:
Age 60 is NEVER coming back. Get over it.

I hated Age 65, but I've got to agree with you on this. The law passed, it's the law of the land, so time to move on. No need to keep worrying about something that isn't going to change.

Brazilian (and many South American) controllers chew Coca leaves (the basic ingredient for Cocaine) while on the job. Is it your position that U.S controllers should be able to chew Coca leaves too?

Moron.

Edit 1: If you like ICAO so much move to Europe!

Dude....let it go....remember the Serenity Prayer...

Serenity now...insanity later.

Enough already with the "get over it" stuff. I didn't start this post. I just chimed in after somebody else did.

Nobody's "shaking their fist" at anything, nor are they dwelling on the past, nor are they reliving some sort of age 65 "PTSD flashback". At least no one I know of.

The subject of the post was "what has ALPA done for me lately" and in my case the facts speak for themselves. If I look at the value I have received from ALPA for "services rendered" I can say I have received poor value. I was stating facts. Prater sucks, and ALPA sucks. If you are senior you may have a different perspective.

If I look at the value I have received from ALPA for "services rendered" I can say I have received poor value.

The status quo is usually not a motivator.

What motivates you? To keep what you have or rather to get what you don't have? IOW, people usually don't appreciate what they have. They are motivated to get what they don't have....

Take govt for example.... we all take for granted the services and protections they provide. No one hardly says, "I am going to work real hard to ensure Police and Fire are providing my family good services". Instead we complain about what govt isn't doing for us...

Same with ALPA... the organization provides many services we simply don't know about or care to know about.... yet benefit from. ALPA has to provide a professional foundation so that we are not compensated not on individual merit, rather collective bargaining.

ALPA has to provide a professional foundation so that we are not compensated not on individual merit, rather collective bargaining.

And that is the problem. Why shouldn't I or anyone else be paid on merits?
Isn't this america, the land of opportunity for those that live the american dream. Of course, not so much for those that sleep through the dream.

ALPA has not have had a vision for the future in a long time. You talk about change and what not but how about details. All you and PCL have to over is rahrahrah without substance. So what is ALPA's vision on improving the lives of those that have to take it into the shorts because of Age 65, or how about providing some means for Pilots to transfer their experience to another employer without loosing all thier achievments. Last but not least, how about a vision so Pilots carreers are not all backend loaded.
(CAL first year $30000, DELTA $35000, you got to be s----- me)

Tell me that is ALPA's vision and stop living in the good old days. Listen to the need of you membership, maybe then people would start believing.

BTW nice spin on the governmernt piece with the Police and FD. But you did forget our military. ;)

And that is the problem. Why shouldn't I or anyone else be paid on merits?

Why stop there... why not be an investment banker and get paid not a merits but failure!

Back to reality.... if you want to be paid on merits, that would require rejecting the professional status of Air Line Pilots and switching to a trade status; like a plumber or electrician.

Want to see how low wages can go? Drop our professional status and go for it...

Isn't this america, the land of opportunity for those that live the american dream. Of course, not so much for those that sleep through the dream.

Yeah, America..... when immigrants arrived not only did they learn the street were not paved in gold, but they had to clean those streets....

Sure, America is all about you. Forget my family... let me reject them and come to your need. What can I do for you?

ALPA has not have had a vision for the future in a long time. You talk about change and what not but how about details. All you and PCL have to over is rahrahrah without substance.

Methinks you won't be happy till ALPA dumps truckloads of cash into your bank account.

So what is ALPA's vision on improving the lives of those that have to take it into the shorts because of Age 65,

This is America, remember? The one you were just hailing earlier in your post? In America, there are and we love, winners and losers. If you don't like age 65, then you are a loser. How do you like America now?

or how about providing some means for Pilots to transfer their experience to another employer without loosing all thier achievments.

This is America. Why do you want special exemptions for yourself.... Corp management loves the fact that so many pilots start over on first year pay.... and so many have... why would the corporati's give that up?

Last but not least, how about a vision so Pilots carreers are not all backend loaded.
(CAL first year $30000, DELTA $35000, you got to be s----- me)

Agreed... I've taken steps to address this.... have you?

Tell me that is ALPA's vision and stop living in the good old days. Listen to the need of you membership, maybe then people would start believing.

Agreed... stop acting like a consumer and start acting like a professional... In other words, grab some tools and man up. You lack a serious understanding of the complexity of the issues. Instead of expecting others to solve YOUR problems, why not be a righteous, self reliant American and contribute...

BTW nice spin on the governmernt piece with the Police and FD. But you did forget our military. ;)

Yeah, gee... sorry I could find an example that sounded great about dumping money in your bank account......

I didn't forget our MIL.... They are great guys doing a tough job... as far as the civilians who run the MIL, we'll save that for another discussion...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back