Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What happened to the new Domicile announcment????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, you are wrong, with all due respect. What you may be referring to "is he qualified?" Being qualifed, meaning all the boxes checked to be able to run, and being electable are two totally different things.

I guess when I think of qualified, I think of attributes that would make someone a good candidate. Its all semantics. I was just wondering if you were just giving him a jab when you made that comment.

You have to lie and tell people what they want to hear to get elected....Some of us don't do that....We aren't electable....www., Ron Paul, and I are all examples...

Politicians get elected....seldom are they leaders....

Darn-

I thought you were the one who got elected, then quit in a tizzy. Maybe that is why you were not elected the next time. Maybe it was just your running mates.

You have to lie and tell people what they want to hear to get elected....Some of us don't do that....We aren't electable....www., Ron Paul, and I are all examples...

Politicians get elected....seldom are they leaders....

Are you a leader? Obviously, by your own declaration, you are not a politician, or electable.

What is your definition of a leader?

Are you a leader? Obviously, by your own declaration, you are not a politician, or electable.

What is your definition of a leader?

A leader does what he thinks is best for the group....Not what will get him elected next time...It's hard telling it like it is...the electorate usually doesn't want to hear it....They want sunshine blown up their @$$...Obama is proof of that.....

We didn't manage pilot expectations enough during the last negotiations.....and we didn't explain the importance of scope enough...We talked tough and said "no pilot left behind".....Tell me Speedtape, was "no pilot left behind"?

Darn-

I thought you were the one who got elected, then quit in a tizzy. Maybe that is why you were not elected the next time. Maybe it was just your running mates.

I never quit....I was ignored because I dared to publically support RJDC....The current MEC Chairman and the senior member of the MEC also supported RJDC....but they did it "privately"....they wouldn't do it publically...I don't play that game.....

You seem to blindly follow the leadership without understanding the real agendas.....

A leader does what he thinks is best for the group....Not what will get him elected next time...It's hard telling it like it is...the electorate usually doesn't want to hear it....They want sunshine blown up their @$$...Obama is proof of that.....

We didn't manage pilot expectations enough during the last negotiations.....and we didn't explain the importance of scope enough...We talked tough and said "no pilot left behind".....Tell me Speedtape, was "no pilot left behind"?

I don't fully understand that slogan. I think it could be interpreted differently by different people. What does it mean to you?

Did everyone benefit in the last contract? It seems that they did, but you raised the question, so, respectfully, maybe you should expound.

Did you get a suitable raise? Did your work rules improve? Is your quality of life better? It seems that the answers to these questions would be yes, but then I can't speak for anyone but me. As you know, there are always people who think it was not enough.

Looking back, we negotiated during some very turbulent times, economically, and also in an evironment that was not well suited for Labor. Actually, we are extremely lucky that we were able to close out, because not long after the signing, what little improvement in the economy occurred, was quickly dashed by the quick rise in oil prices.

I guess when I think of qualified, I think of attributes that would make someone a good candidate. Its all semantics. I was just wondering if you were just giving him a jab when you made that comment.[/QUOTE

Isn't this the "No Jabbing Zone?" No, that was not my intent. Actually, he has made significant contributions to this pilot group through his years of volunteer work. If for no other reason, he has earned my respect for his efforts. It's obvious that he cares. Enough said!

I don't fully understand that slogan. I think it could be interpreted differently by different people. What does it mean to you?

Did everyone benefit in the last contract? It seems that they did, but you raised the question, so, respectfully, maybe you should expound.

Did you get a suitable raise? Did your work rules improve? Is your quality of life better? It seems that the answers to these questions would be yes, but then I can't speak for anyone but me. As you know, there are always people who think it was not enough.

Looking back, we negotiated during some very turbulent times, economically, and also in an evironment that was not well suited for Labor. Actually, we are extremely lucky that we were able to close out, because not long after the signing, what little improvement in the economy occurred, was quickly dashed by the quick rise in oil prices.

How did the senior 700 pilots fare compared to the rest? What happened to the B fund retirement that was promised? How about the big 700 raise that was promised? How about the instructors....were they left behind? How about the retro that was promised....

Lots of promises that weren't delivered on....Not saying they were realistic goals...but then I wouldn't have promised them either....

How did the senior 700 pilots fare compared to the rest? They got what the market could bear. When Comair took concessions, the pay rates we had were at the top in DC carriers. What happened to the B fund retirement that was promised? Comair's fate erased any chance of achieving a B fund. What about the big 700 raise that was promised? After Comair rates were reset in bankruptcy, we were on the point, How about the instructors--Their montly guarantee increased by a couple of hours....were they left behind? An instructor participated in the intructor pilot negitiations. He thought it was a good deal. How about the retro that was promised....It turned into a signing bonus and not a bad one at that.

Lots of promises that weren't delivered on....Not saying they were realistic goals...but then I wouldn't have promised them either....
Hang on a minute. Did Contract 98 achieve all the goals? The instructor pilots were left behind in that one, because I was an instructor. How did the pay for training get reintroduced at the final negotiations--and at what cost?

As you know it's negotiations. But who made those promises?

I guess when I think of qualified, I think of attributes that would make someone a good candidate. Its all semantics. I was just wondering if you were just giving him a jab when you made that comment.

I didn't take it as a jab because it's a non issue.

Latest resources

Back