Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotpm

Livin' the dream Baby!
I heard that they didn't get some BAX Global contracts renewed and the guys that were in class were laid off. How bad is it going to be?

Dont know what happened yet. Just found out this news on Wed. Troubled times all across the industry.

Troubled times all across the Country.

727niteflyer is always on here telling us things are great at Cappy.

Here is one of 727niteflyer's last little gems!

Like I said before I have no control over JH or any buisness plan so I dont worry about it. But JH didnt sink ABX, DHL did. I think JH did a very smart move by buying CHI. CHI is a profitable company that was going to be able to keep the stock alive. Im a firm believer that JH knew that DHL was pulling the plug, thats why he purchased CHI.

We have seen no changes at cappy. Buisness as normal, we are hiring and even growing

I heard that they didn't get some BAX Global contracts renewed and the guys that were in class were laid off. How bad is it going to be?
Pretty much what you heard. BAX is downsizing for 2009, but even they don't know (or aren't saying) how much of a reduction they're going to need to stay profitable.

Here is one of 727niteflyer's last little gems!

Like I said before I have no control over JH or any buisness plan so I dont worry about it. But JH didnt sink ABX, DHL did. I think JH did a very smart move by buying CHI. CHI is a profitable company that was going to be able to keep the stock alive. Im a firm believer that JH knew that DHL was pulling the plug, thats why he purchased CHI.

We have seen no changes at cappy. Buisness as normal, we are hiring and even growing

well that was before this week. We are still operating our normal cities. Bax reduced the flying on monday night. We arent sure if that is going to be the normal schedule or not. The new class was going to be for the next 75 and some for some new business from bax. Some of the guys are still going to complete the rest they let go. Nobody knows bax's plans but like the rest of the economy business is down for them also.

what's the forecast for hiring at Cappy this year?

Depends on Bax.

The class we just let go was for the additional 75 and bax was giving us a calgary run again. We did renew the contract so we are normal ops as far as the same number of cities, current crews. Calgary is not profitable for Bax so my guess is we probably wont be doing it very much longer, thats why we let the class go with the exception of a couple for the 75.

We are suppose to get a couple of new runs the company has been working on later this year, when that will happen nobody knows. If it does than we will hire again.

Latest resources

Back