What gives at Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

I applied within an hour of this current window opening, was not selected the last two windows. My times are 5600 TT 3000 TPIC and i have some type ratings. I got the view the directions link, then it dissapeared about 3 weeks ago and I did not get an email yesterday saying thanks but no thanks. It seems like there are too many variables going on here. If I didn't get that email am i in a pool to be called and is that pool controlled by a human or a computer? Im trying to get in before the merger so i can get furloughed and work at home depot before i am recalled

Mad Dog when did you interview? My buddy interviewed Dec. 14th... Got call yesterday for Jan. 28th class date.

Welcome to the most screwed up application process I have ever witnessed.

Talk to Hawaiian applicants. Their process is no cakewalk either. I don't understand how these companies can mess with us so badly. They demand and expect us to look and act professional, but it seems like half the HR departments are out to lunch.

Mad Dog when did you interview? My buddy interviewed Dec. 14th... Got call yesterday for Jan. 28th class date.

Never Interviewed my application never made it the far. Dissapointed but I know everything happens for a reason that is beyond my understanding. Got the not selected to continue email. Best of luck to those that are under review. God Bless

I applied within an hour of this current window opening, was not selected the last two windows. My times are 5600 TT 3000 TPIC and i have some type ratings. I got the view the directions link, then it dissapeared about 3 weeks ago and I did not get an email yesterday saying thanks but no thanks. It seems like there are too many variables going on here. If I didn't get that email am i in a pool to be called and is that pool controlled by a human or a computer? Im trying to get in before the merger so i can get furloughed and work at home depot before i am recalled

LCC has thousands of applicants and only hired roughly 300 since 2011.

They went from no hiring department to a hiring boom overnight. The entire program has been in a state of flux. Now the pending merger may require more transition.

There are a lot of good people running the US Airways selection process.

Be patient... DAL, UAL, and AMR/LCC will hire 9,000 pilots between now and 2020. There are only 9,500 regional pilots in the regional industry... young enough to make the move.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back