Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flybet3

Fly for me! Get my Bonus!
Which Fractional would you guys recommend if a pilot had to take that career path? Flex Jet, Net Jets, Citation Shares or Flight options? and why? It seems like for now and the future either you go to a Frac, Reg or Freight. Please dont post anything stupid like "neither"....thank you ladies and gents

My fractured / fractional opinion would be to go to Citation Shares, with NJA as a second choice until / if their pilot contract ever gets sorted out.

The other fracs are a VERY risky option right now in terms of stabilty.

Why is FlexJet a risky option? Lets see we are growing, hiring, ok pay and pretty good benefits. It depends on where you want to live. FlexJet is limited in this area, but I like the option I have. Sure the upgrades have slowed a bit, but the other fracs are no better in that department, some worse. CS upgrades based on butt kissing...no thanks on that one for me. The other Fracs are all looking at limiting their gateways. FlexJet is a pretty good place to be right now. Just look at the total package and see if it fits for you. All the fracs have their pluses and minuses. You need to look at them all and decide. I love how people are so quick to judge. Look at this board lately. There hasnt been much said about FlexJet good or bad. Do your own homework and see what best fits your lifestyle.

vixin said:
Why is FlexJet a risky option? Lets see we are growing, hiring, ok pay and pretty good benefits. It depends on where you want to live. FlexJet is limited in this area, but I like the option I have. Sure the upgrades have slowed a bit, but the other fracs are no better in that department, some worse. CS upgrades based on butt kissing...no thanks on that one for me. The other Fracs are all looking at limiting their gateways. FlexJet is a pretty good place to be right now. Just look at the total package and see if it fits for you. All the fracs have their pluses and minuses. You need to look at them all and decide. I love how people are so quick to judge. Look at this board lately. There hasnt been much said about FlexJet good or bad. Do your own homework and see what best fits your lifestyle.

Hey Vixin, I have considered Flex Jet for the future for the fact that they have Dallas base. Also, I just got a job flying a lear 31A out of florida but I do want to come back to Dallas in the future. But before I went to flex Jet, I figured i go get some experience in the lear. I had a friend that worked for Flex in the 60 a couple of years ago and got layed off. How many times have they layed off? Also I heard a rumor that they filed bankruptcy....is that true????? What are there competetice mins?

Now thats funny Bankruptcy who did you hear that from? That did not happen!! Matter of fact we are in some of the best financial shape ever. Things are looking brighter here. They furloughed twice, but I dont think that will happen again, anything is possible. Rumor has it they will be hiring again soon, like end of the month early March. Get to know a few FlexJet pilots and see if they will get your stuff to HR. That is fairly important. Mins are 2500tt, 500 me and 500 turbine. I think they are pretty strict on these, but I am not sure.

vixin said:

The idea that upgrades at CS are based on butt kissing is not true. I'm a good example of that. I volunteered for 0 extra days. I never set foot in the office. I don't think I talked to anyone in management after indoc. I upgraded in one year and at the sime time everyone else in my class did. At CS as long as you do a good job, you upgrade. As near as I can figure out upgrades pretty much happen by class date, and all the merit stuff is used to figure out the bonus and pay raise. There are some things to complain about at CS, but the fairness of upgrades is not one of them.

vixin said:
Now thats funny Bankruptcy who did you hear that from? That did not happen!! Matter of fact we are in some of the best financial shape ever. Things are looking brighter here. They furloughed twice, but I dont think that will happen again, anything is possible. Rumor has it they will be hiring again soon, like end of the month early March. Get to know a few FlexJet pilots and see if they will get your stuff to HR. That is fairly important. Mins are 2500tt, 500 me and 500 turbine. I think they are pretty strict on these, but I am not sure.

Actually my old chief pilot got on with Flex Jet back in like august...probably in the future I'll get him to walk my stuff in...Even if I had the flight time I dont have an ATP b/c of my age...still have a year and a month before I can get my ATP...so that gives me some time to get some descent experience in the lear 31. Dont you think?

bases

BortaS said:
The idea that upgrades at CS are based on butt kissing is not true. I'm a good example of that. I volunteered for 0 extra days. I never set foot in the office. I don't think I talked to anyone in management after indoc. I upgraded in one year and at the sime time everyone else in my class did. At CS as long as you do a good job, you upgrade. As near as I can figure out upgrades pretty much happen by class date, and all the merit stuff is used to figure out the bonus and pay raise. There are some things to complain about at CS, but the fairness of upgrades is not one of them.

Does CS have bases in Texas? if so, how easy is it to get Dallas base? What aircraft does everyone usually start on?

Latest resources

Back