Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What experience is preferred for an interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T-prop said:
Do majors even look at pilots with turbine PIC that is not 121??

Yes. All of my turbine PIC time was under part 135. Just make sure you keep your records (FAA, driving, etc) clean, because they look more closely at that than if you're 121vs135vs91.

Get the 1000 PIC first, then worry about jet time. Make the move now if you want to go to the Majors. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the info this really helps. I had previously assumed that there were only two ways to get to a major; Military or 121.

Thanks again.

T-prop said:
Thanks for the info this really helps. I had previously assumed that there were only two ways to get to a major; Military or 121.

Thanks again.

Military time is overrrated. There are many threads here that validate this opinion. Thanks for serving though, military guys, I'm just saying you don't HAVE to be military to get an airline job.

That's what Air Tran is doing, I guess. Unless you know someone, then they'll hire anyone. I don't think Ty Webb had any 121 PIC.

When you went to the prom, did you ask out the ugly girl? Go with the Prom Queen! Don't settle for second best. Get your type, get your PIC, and get a job at Southwest! They're the ONLY airline out there that's worth the effort. Plus, it seems like the morons are getting hired elsewhere. If you want to work with smart people, work at Southwest.

If you want to come to SWA, go where you can get TPIC the fastest. After you meet the mins, apply, get typed, and then look for a different job in larger aircraft (preferable jet) to polish your resume.

The number one way to not get hired is to not apply. You can't apply without 1000 turbine PIC. Go where you can get in the left seat the quickest.

wil said:
How long have you been at eagle? That would be a factor. Also, when I crossed 1000 PIC time in the CRJ I looked out my window and nobody was lined up to interview me!! 1000 is just the mins and not competetive right now. So where ever you go you will be there a while. And, sorry to my Beech buds, but I would rather have the ATR or jet time in my book. Remember your competition and you are going up against. We all pull for each other but we are all competitors as well. Everybody knows someone who moved on to a major from xyz freight/commuter but don't base your career on this. You don't know the full story so I would be very careful. Remember, seniority is everything! Good luck! Cheers-

Seniority is only everything when you are at the carrier at which you want to retire. Doesnt sound like this dude wants to retire from Eagle, so... seniority is nothing, progression is everything.

My advice: Fill the PIC requirement ASAP. 1900, RJ, 747, whatever. Get around 2000 hours, then go for quality (jet/121 pic) if you need. Say hi to Matt F and Brad M.

Latest resources

Back