Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What ever happened to SWA going into MSP...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ajhbubs84

Oh, that's my manpon
Or was there ever talk of Southwest starting service to Minneapolis? I could have swore there was a while back, but I am out of the loop.

Just curious...

I'm sure it's on our short list of cities we'd like to serve. Just not enough available gates to make it work right now I suspect. This is a recurring problem for us lately in trying to find new domestic markets. If 2 or 3 gates in the same terminal or general area were to magically appear, then I'm sure that there would be an announcement of new service there.

That question was asked a couple of times in my initial training last spring. From what was said, MSP is a favorable market because of the high frequency of O/Ds (originating departures). However, no immediate plans were in the mix. But who knows, maybe 5 or 10 years.

Werent there available gates at the Humphrey Terminal, but they were holding out for room at main (Lindbergh) terminal?

And NWA stepped in and said "not in our house."

To my knowledge, there are no available gates in the main terminal. I don't know about the Humphrey Terminal, but I think that SunCountry has all of those spoken for.

If there were gates at the HUMPH it seems as if it would be perfect for our model. We wouldn't be in all that mess over on the Lindy side and it would be easy access for our customers from whatever that highway is just to the south. When I was company commuting in and out of there a few years back I prayed my company got me a Sun Country ticket because it was so easy over there. Short walk, a lot less traffic and no waiting on people to push back to get into the gate right next door.

BTW--anyone know how many gates are over there and who is in them...just curious. Thanks FR8

Only one more requirement...

SWA will go to MSP when they agree to widen the stalls in the mens' restrooms.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back