Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B6Driver said:
Draginass,
You sound young and foolish and with time and a little luck, you'll grow out of one. In time you'll learn the truth, best of luck because you'll need it if you keep your wagon hitched to that group for too long.

The first part of your reply is unintelligible, but as for the last part, my wagon's not hitched to either of them anymore.

pylut said:
By the way I read enough to know that it is "elitist"

When your hourly rate and work rules are negotiated, do you want to be represented as an elitist? Or just another hourly worker.... Choose your battles...

Anyone see a pattern?

Notice Rez dredges up a thread from a month ago to once again in a lame attempt to remind us how effective ALPA has been. I know Rez, it is all our fault. Maybe if you keep saying it enough you'll actually start to believe it.

Incidently sport, many of us believe the only elitists within this union are down in Herndon.

Last edited:
Boeingman said:
Notice Rez dredges up a thread from a month ago to once again in a lame attempt to remind us how effective ALPA has been. I know Rez, it is all our fault. Maybe if you keep saying it enough you'll actually start to believe it.

Incidently sport, many of us believe the only elitists within this union are down in Herndon.

I see a pattern too. Whiney school girls acting like Air Line Pilots. I wish you guys would be more effective and decertify ALPA. There is a lot I don't like about ALPA and if we need to wipe the slate clean lets do it.....

Stop complaining.... Put up or shut up...

Rez O. Lewshun said:
I see a pattern too. Whiney school girls acting like Air Line Pilots. I wish you guys would be more effective and decertify ALPA. There is a lot I don't like about ALPA and if we need to wipe the slate clean lets do it.....

Stop complaining.... Put up or shut up...

We need to wipe the slate clean with ineffective leadership who care about nothing more than lining their pockets with our dues.

Simple enough for you? Or does the whining about being ripped off hit a little to close to home Rez?

Boeingman said:
We need to wipe the slate clean with ineffective leadership who care about nothing more than lining their pockets with our dues

Go for it... Take a leadership role.... I'll back you up....

Boeingman said:
Simple enough for you? Or does the whining about being ripped off hit a little to close to home Rez?

As much as you'd love for this to be true...you are not even close... At least you admit to whinning....

Merry Christmas

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Go for it... Take a leadership role.... I'll back you up....

As much as you'd love for this to be true...you are not even close... At least you admit to whinning....

Merry Christmas

I have zero desire or time to play the politics game with ALPA. If you want to classify my disgust and view of national's total lack of integrity as whining...so be it. You never did address that integrity issue Rez.

Your intransigent defense of the indefensible does raise some eyebrows as to your motivation.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Boeingman said:
I have zero desire or time to play the politics game with ALPA. If you want to classify my disgust and view of national's total lack of integrity as whining...so be it. You never did address that integrity issue Rez.

Your intransigent defense of the indefensible does raise some eyebrows as to your motivation.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

But yet THE game at ALPA IS politics. ALPA is a political organization. Always has, always will. And its not just ALPA. AOPA is all political. All unions are political. Any organization that is an association is political in nature. (not an absolute statement......)

Everything that effects our jobs is determined via CFR. So if one wants to make the piloting profession better one HAS to play politics.

I personally don't have a [intergrity] problem with ALPA National salaries. Why?

I called ALPA Nat'l and spoke to a VP and got information. Fact is....

National has taken pay cuts. There is a Usair, DAL and UAL Vice President. All have lost thier pension and taken pay cuts.

Their compensation is determined by the BOD, not themselves.

An union officer is a politician. You stated in your quote above that you don't have the time or desire to play politics. So if you won't do it, who will? What incentive does a line pilot have to represent his fellow pilots. Why should someone leave 15-18 days off a month to work 50+ hours a week? Leave their per deim and the enjoyment of flying jets?

Also, think about the guys you fly with..... Does any of them have the skill set to meet and discuss with DOT Sec. Mineta and behave in a manner that will allow himself to be invited to the next meeting? ALPA is not a thug gang. ALPA is determined to keep a place at the table where decisions are made. In order to do this, ALPA must be invited. ALPA doesn't have a right to function in gov't or managements house. In order to keep getting invited back you have to be low key. This is where guys don't get it, cause they want action and they want it now. ALPA can bang its fist on the table and get what it wants today, but tomorrow they will be left out in the parking lot. It's hard to represent your pilots from the parking lot.

This is not an endorsement of DW. Just a viewpoint on the ALPA National job descriptions in general.

You say you don't have the time or desire to play politics. Fine. But we had better be willing to support those who are willing to play politics for us...

Politics is where we take care of the business of the Air Line Pilot Profession.

Latest resources

Back