What does your 1.95% do for you?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
El-Rushbo said:
In my short few weeks here I have come across a few of your posts with the same pattern......an elitist, arrogant attitude that also has no answers but delights in shooting down the thoughts of others. So enlighten us, oh wonder of the aviation community, as to the intricate workings of ALPA and airline labor relations. Please provide references and cite all sources. A brief explanation is preferred, but a more lengthy analysis will also be considered.

Oh, BTW, Woerth is worthless, as are your condescending posts. JMHO.

YAWN....

My post are condescending only becuase the truth hurts. Look man, ALPA has problems, but even a 20 year ALPA legacy carrier guy doesn't know how the union works.... So how can you really fix the prolems

What is fustrating is knowing how much more effective ALPA could be if people pilots would get informed!! It is that simple... Instead they waste thier time on the message board feeding frenzy, gobbling up misinformation only to make themselves feel better... Only problem is nothing changed except DW makes too much money and the sytem in screwed up...

I am not an elitis... I am just well read!!

I am not an elitis... I am just well read!!

Yawn.... Same old alpo cool aid drinking condescending crap Rushbo was speaking about. I believe you just made his point quite well.

Read all you want, but put down your copy of flying the line long enough to check out what is actually going on in the real world.

By the way I read enough to know that it is "elitist"

FedEx1 said:
Huck

My understanding is that even of both TWA and AA were ALPA, ALPA wouldn't have done anything at all. They always "wash their hands" when 2 ALPA carriers are talking about merging- telling them they aren't able to get involved at all. Conflict of interest? I don't know.

ALPA is only as good as your MEC.

If that's case we at AWA are doomed....

PHXFLYR:cool:

ALPO is a worthless, self serving club where everyone pays dues and the goons at ALPO national sit around in Herndon and laugh and laugh about how stupid the members are to fall for such a hollow ploy.
Just so we're clear on this; there are members who were royally screwed by our friends at ALPO and then there are member who are just waiting their turn for that same "Thank you very much!"

For the record, I paid 14 years of my hard earned money into that toilet.
Not that I have any bad feelings for them.........

Looks like even those who drink the koolaid can agree that Drain Woerthless needs to go. Just to prove that ALPA is a good ol' boy network up in VA, ask your MEC to speak to it's rep on ALPA Executive to demand that he step down. You will be laughed at to your face. Even the Mesaba guy is a suckup and spineless because he has his head so far up Woerthless' brain he can taste test his breakfast. They are all sellouts because they want his job. Everyone wants to be Caesar but live in fear of being the one to take him out since everyone else will try it on the new Caesar.

pylut said:
Yawn.... Same old alpo cool aid drinking condescending crap Rushbo was speaking about. I believe you just made his point quite well.

Read all you want, but put down your copy of flying the line long enough to check out what is actually going on in the real world.

By the way I read enough to know that it is "elitist"

YAWN!

Same ol' apathy and ancedotal trash talkin. All the problems are with someone else..

ALPA has't lived up to my preconcieved expectations so therefore they are all crooks! Me Me Me!

Tell us....all of us...what IS going on in the real world. Can you discuss the real problems and provide real solutions or are you just part of the finger pointing crowd that is in vogue.

Does the current state of morale choose for you?

Last edited:
The question should be: What have YOU done for ALPA and YOUR 1.95%.

The union is some super entity that can control the world. It is just a bunch of pilots and lawyers trying to protect the interests of the pilots in the union (and of course the union itself, they are human after all). Nobody ever claimed the union could solve world hunger and put man on mars. It is just the best way for the pilot group to help itself against the tyranny of management.

So again, what have YOU done for YOUR 1.95%.

Yeah, I thought so.

FJ

320AV8R said:
Exactly.

320AV8R
Not exactly. TWA had zero bargaining chips, ALPA or no. TWA as a business enterprise was dead in the water and the deal was accept AA/APA terms or the unemployment office. TWA ALPA could have chosen to NOT waive their contractural fragmentation rights with corporate TWA. Of course, the choices would have remained the same.

As far as the APA goes, it's no different from ALPA. The senior guys own the union, and, as long as they can get 51% on their side, can do anything they like to the junior 49% . . . like waive "iron-clad" "no furlough" clauses to preserve their own paychecks. Of course, they call it "saving the profession," but it's really about me, me, me.

Regarding Duane, there's really not much he can do when faced with an attack from all sides. He's like a King without an army. He's got lots of feudal lords with armies under his banner, but getting them to fight as a team is something else. They all look out after ol' number 1, first.

Last edited:
Draginass,
You sound young and foolish and with time and a little luck, you'll grow out of one. In time you'll learn the truth, best of luck because you'll need it if you keep your wagon hitched to that group for too long.

Latest resources

Back