• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you mean it wasn't Southwest's fault...Salk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about the naked pilot taking off from PHL without de-icing in mandatory winter ops. Guess he knew better jeopardizing the lives of those paxs on board.

How about the Colonel and I know everyone at SWA is a Colonel just like the CAF, who blew the engine during take off in San Diego and instead of air returning to San Diego flew cross country single engine to LAX and THEN instead of landing after using extremely poor judgement flying cross country to LAX did a single engine fly bye to have the tower check his gear?

Two extreme examples of SWA Colonel's showing their lack of respect for the rules and poor judgement.

And you are all wondering why the two roofs have blown off blaming Boeing.

I will not be convinced that gl/oys are not the same person. If I'm wrong it's of no consequence because they are equally irrelevant.

Other people can't have my same views? Why do I need an alias? I am going for most posts at FI, by a landslide! I will win that title, and my life will be fullfilled. Yeah.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I just spit my coffee out. He can't fly ,that's for sure or he would know of the lack of speed limits off shore. :)

I bet you are looking forward to actually flying "off shore." The Airtran guys will teach you how. I know this must be a lot for you guys now. VNAV, autothrottles, pop tops, and now possibly---wait for it---flying away from LAND. Hang on to Ty, he'll show you the way.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Nuts, are you ignorant enough to think that just because someone flies for SWA they have never flown international?

Oh where to to start...

lucktohaveabrain has claimed that 250kts below 10,000ft is a design limitation of the 737-300.

It is not.

He's also claimed a SWA captain flew 350kts "plus", which surpasses Vd "by a wide margin, while claiming VMo in a 737-300 is 320kts.

Problem is, if you Google "737-300 Vmo" the third link is to a Boeing document what specifies 340 CAS as the 733's VMo.

So even if the SWA captain did fly 350kts, it would be only 10kts above VMo...while not good, hardly the egregious 40kt+ exceedence as claimed.

For a know-it-all United pilot, you sure don't seem to know very much.

Looks like I caught a nerve exposing the corndogs shenanigans. Limitations are limitations and they are not up for debate.

I repeat a SWA Captain flew past Vmo to meet a 10k crossing restriction and exceeded Vmo by so much Boeing did not think it should have been able to pull out.

So the next time other pilots pass the 250/10000 point on speed and altitude and Southwest eats up the spacing behind and the controller vectors you off course just know what SWA is doing.

The true extent of the SWA culture was discovered by the quality assurance program the -700 revealed. SWA has much more restrictive company limitations than Boeing requires because SWA management knows they are dealing with an unsafe group who needs the policing.

SWA pilots disregarded the limitations flying the -200, -300, -500 aircraft and have tried to continue those practices on the -700 until exposed.

You have exposed nothing other than your ignorance. Look back in this thread and see for yourself where YOU state that 250 kts below 10,000 is a Boeing Design Limitation.

It is not.

You were called on it and now all you do is back peddle.

Just admit you were wrong and move on. It really isn't that hard.

I have not flown the B737 in years now.

But it is a slow piece of crap. The 37 is an airway blocker. Clogs up the pipes. Widebodies all run at .82 or better and fly 250 below 10k doing stabilized approaches.

The limitation is 250k below 10k whether you like it or not. And the reason is debatable. Birds, separation, whatever.

But you RJ pilots still got that little issue of following the rules. Stabilized approaches, de-icing in winter ops, overspeeding by 40+ knots, making crossings, knowing what the nearest suitable means, using drag devices appropriately, and flying the advanced systems as Boeing designed them.

Last edited:
But regardless, it just gets back to the original point.

Why is it unique problems are happening to SWA's Boeings no one else is experiencing? Two cracked fuselages, using BBQ shielding on pylons, overruns, and flap failures.

Looks like the LUV culture is hard on equipment. Next time there is a choice to be made between on-time and safety pick the safety.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back