• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you mean it wasn't Southwest's fault...Salk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like I caught a nerve exposing the corndogs shenanigans. Limitations are limitations and they are not up for debate.

I repeat a SWA Captain flew past Vmo to meet a 10k crossing restriction and exceeded Vmo by so much Boeing did not think it should have been able to pull out.

So the next time other pilots pass the 250/10000 point on speed and altitude and Southwest eats up the spacing behind and the controller vectors you off course just know what SWA is doing.

The true extent of the SWA culture was discovered by the quality assurance program the -700 revealed. SWA has much more restrictive company limitations than Boeing requires because SWA management knows they are dealing with an unsafe group who needs the policing.

SWA pilots disregarded the limitations flying the -200, -300, -500 aircraft and have tried to continue those practices on the -700 until exposed.

Last edited:
And yes the TCA does need a speed limit to help with separation.

IAH was a failed trial which was suspended because it confirmed the need for the 250k restriction below 10k.

why don't you just admit you have no clue as to which you speak and go outside before you miss the bus to school!

I repeat a SWA Captain flew past Vmo to meet a 10k crossing restriction and exceeded Vmo by so much Boeing did not think it should have been able to pull out.

SWA company norm.

why don't you just admit you have no clue as to which you speak and go outside before you miss the bus to school!

I just spit my coffee out. He can't fly ,that's for sure or he would know of the lack of speed limits off shore. :)

Who does SWA heavy maintenance and where?

Some central American maint. company Aeroman. Next time you go to El Salvador, have a look around. Looks like a SWA hub.

M

Last edited:
For somebody whose profile professes a love of Boeings, you sure don't seem to know much about the airframe limitations of their most popular aircraft...or how regulatory airspace speed limitations aren't remotely the same as airframe limitations.

Do you even know what VMo on a 737-300 is?

Lucky, give it up man. You are truly showing how lucky you are to have a job.......

320 knots.

And I have flown off shore more than you even know.

Why the lack of response concerning the female captain who exceeded Vmo by 40 plus knots?

If the corn dogs don't change their attitudes they are going to hurt people. Accidents happen but lack of respect for the rules and limitations are intentional. And SWA seems to lack respect for the rules.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back