• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you mean it wasn't Southwest's fault...Salk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All in the name outsourcing to avoid paying U.S. citizens a living wage.

Last time I checked, Wichita is in Kansas, and the last time I checked, Kansas is a part of the US...and ICT is where the B737 Fuselages are built...so US citizens are indeed building those fuselages...

So you are saying the light to moderate manual braking unlike the fairly aggressive autobrakes which everyone else uses (which SWA didn't until recently) caused the problem?

Wonder why the tech dinosaur mentality has taken so long to die over there? :rolleyes: Next please tell me the one about you guys not needing A/T's and VNAV cause LUV drivers are better at saving gas all on their own.

Last edited:
All in the name outsourcing to avoid paying U.S. citizens a living wage.

Last time I checked, Wichita is in Kansas, and the last time I checked, Kansas is a part of the US...and ICT is where the B737 Fuselages are built...so US citizens are indeed building those fuselages...
"Living wage."

Last time I checked non-union wages/benefits were less than union wages.

Union members in the United States earn significantly more than non-union workers. Over the four-year period between 2004 and 2007, unionized workers’ wages were on average 11.3 percent higher than non-union workers with similar characteristics. That means that, all else equal, American workers that join a union will earn 11.3 percent more—or $2.26 more per hour in 2008 dollars—than their otherwise identical non-union counterparts.
http://www.americanprogressaction.org/issues/2009/02/efca_factsheets.html

Last edited:
Oh great another expert. Just a hint, the 250 below 10 is not a design speed there genius!

And proof of another dangerous SWAPA pilot flying your family and friends in violation of Boeings limitations.

SWA thinks limitations are just suggestions to follow when it is convenient.

I will write real slow for the SWAPA pilots who need the tutoring.

250 k below 10k is a design limitation. period. end of discussion. fact.

Birds fly below 10k and wind screens are designed to withstand a bird strike below 250 knots. Not 259, 260, 261, or 270, but 250 or slower.

Staker is another SWA pilot who doesn't know what he is doing.

For those of you unaware of the clacker discussion concerning SWA.

Boeing was very interested in the SWA 737 airframe flying faster than the clacker by the female pilot making the 250/10000 restriction.

350 knots plus! She was past Boeing's flight test data of Vd by a wide margin. Boeing said privately the plane should have crashed.

SWA gave her 2 weeks off. She should have been fired and grounded for threatening the lives of every passenger on board.

But SWA culture just blamed it on Boeing. Which Boeing will accept the partial blame to keep its largest customer happy.

Last edited:
You must be luckytohaveajob because you would have failed the general knowledge portion of the interview. The 250kt restriction only applies in the 737 if the window heat is inop. Other than that you can go as fast below 10k as you like, obviously complying with ATC restrictions. LTHAJ said that every plane ever manufactured has a limit of 250 below 10. You might want to recheck your facts both on the reason for 250 below 10k and limits on the aircraft you are flying. EX. The 737 airspeed limit is Vmo at any altitude with all systems operating normally.. 767 is 313 kts I believe. 250 below 10 is exceeded all the time in airspace outside the US and at military airfields. We used to fly the pattern at 300kts all the time to mix in with the fighter guys so everyone was going the same speed. Also I believe it was Houston Arr/Dep that used to waive the 250kt restriction most times if you asked for it. It was a pilot program back about 5-10 years ago. Not sure what ever became of it. Now im not obviously going to fly around at 342 kts but its there if you want it.

No amount of factual information will deter OYS/GL.

Haters gotta hate.

250 k below 10k is a design limitation. period. end of discussion. fact.

Really? Well, then A LOT of aircraft in the late 90's and early 2000's busted A LOT of design limitations (according to you) coming out of Houston Airspace when the FAA Implemented their "No Speed Limit" study.

If it were a design limitation then why weren't all those aircraft grounded?

Got an answer for that one smart guy?

Latest resources

Back