Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you love about your chosen city of residence?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sky girl you are 94 and still posting on the Internet, way to go girl. What is the secret to your longevity?

pilotyip said:
Sky girl you are 94 and still posting on the Internet, way to go girl. What is the secret to your longevity?

lots of unadulterated sex ;)

for the record I should have typed '94 instead (I'm only 37yrs old)...smarty pants.

Last edited:
skygirl1968 said:
lots of unadulterated sex ;).

Then I doubt I'll live to see 50. :(

AV1ATRX said:
I don't live in a "city" and I never will (especially NYC!!!). It's a tragedy that my crashpad has to be in the city, and that's as close as I will ever get to residing in a city or town.

I'm rural and proud of it! I love living in the country because it's quiet. There's no cars continuously blowing their horns for NO FREAKING REASON! I can't see in my neighbor's windows and they can't see in mine. I have a huge garden. I can be in a field or the woods and still be on my own property. My animals don't have to be fenced in or walked. I can see the stars at night when there isn't cloud cover. (How do kids in the city ever learn the constellations when they can't see them?) I can hear the cows bellowing at the next farm down.

Oh yeah, and I happen to like grass and trees, which apparently people in NYC don't need.

I know people who live in NYC and grew up here. They have explained to me why they like it, and I can accept their reasons. I guess it's all in what you're used to. I happen to be used to getting stuck behind tractors on the only road that goes to town, and it doesn't bother me at all.

I don't know if it matters where the rural area is, but mine happens to be in central Virginia. Virginia is a great state because you have the mountains and the ocean all in the same place. I personally think the winters are too cold for my liking, but it's a small price to pay for the natural beauty here.

AMEN!!!

Grew up in small town, NW Ohio and currently living in Akron, OH. This is a relatively small city and yet I still hate the traffic and people. Sure the mall is only 3 miles away. But it still takes as long to get there as it does to go to the one about 20 miles away back home. People are not very friendly at all.....I lived in munroe falls for 2 years and never once met my neighbors. You wave at them and they look at you funny, try to talk to them and they hurry back into their house. Although, I did watch S.W.A.T. take down my neighbors meth. lab once, so that was pretty sweet to watch. Problem was he was back about a week later. I guess I am used to the small town atmosphere.

Akron
Pros: Ughhh.........if you could only here the cricketts.

Cons: The guy next door fighting with his wife, b!tch, ho or whatever. Or the cars constantly honking their horn for now reason whatsoever. Maybe the frat boy driving by on his bike in my apartment complex at 60 mph with little kids running across the drive. My 4 mile commute to work takes 20 min.

As far as flying well lets just say there is an cold war arsenal nearby that was put there because apprently there is more cloud cover per year than anywhere else. Need not say more. One good thing is there are tons of grass strips in the are which allow me to keep my sanity.

Last edited:
Houston:

Pros:

Lots of inexpensive homes
Lots of chicks
Lots flying
Lots of good food
Friendly folks

Cons:

Learning Spanish
Late spring, summer, early fall
Bugs