what do you listen to?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typhoon1244 said:
John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Hans Zimmer, Bernard Hermann, James Newton Howard, Aaron Copland, Igor Stravinsky...looks like I'm a little out of step with you guys. :D

Wow....you just listed some of my favorite composers. Fan of Star Trek soundtracks?

I also have to add Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov (Piano pieces rock), Beethoven. There is nothing that adds to flying more than some beautiful music to cruise to.

Other than classical I listen to dc Talk, Jars of Clay, Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, and anything else on the radio that's not really twangy country or rap.

I almost forgot Jim Croche, Harry Chapin, Neil Diamond, and I saw a mention of Peter Paul and Mary.

Gotta thank my dad for my musical taste.

Last edited:
U of I:

I notice a few christian bands there. Too bad you're in a part of the country where that's all they might play... (trust me, I spent four years an hour away from Champaign). Christian or not, these guys all rock.

Thousand Foot Krutch
Thirty Eighth Parallel
John Rueben
KJ-52
Modern Day John
Big Dismal
FM Static
Royal Ruckus
Ill Harmonics
The Echoing Green
Denison Marrs
Cross Movement
L.A. Symphony

But that said: my truck has Merle Harrard in it. My shop has Cracker (Forever), the CD player in the house has some Credence (I'm always glad nobody steals those--I probalby wouldn't recover them :) ). The computer is generally playing Thousand Foot Krutch/38th Parallel/Switchfoot.

Dan

Here's a diverse list. I listen to whatever I am in the mood for at the time.

Sublime, Godsmack, Mudvane, P.O.D, Outkast, Jimmy Buffet, anything 80's, Dave Matthews, Tupac, Biggie, Snoop Dogg, Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, instrumental Jazz, Hendrix, Bob Marley, and so on and so on. Notice that besides Buffet there is NO country.

Dan CFI/CFII said:
U of I:

I notice a few christian bands there. Too bad you're in a part of the country where that's all they might play... (trust me, I spent four years an hour away from Champaign). Christian or not, these guys all rock.

Thousand Foot Krutch
Thirty Eighth Parallel
John Rueben
KJ-52
Modern Day John
Big Dismal
FM Static
Royal Ruckus
Ill Harmonics
The Echoing Green
Denison Marrs
Cross Movement
L.A. Symphony

But that said: my truck has Merle Harrard in it. My shop has Cracker (Forever), the CD player in the house has some Credence (I'm always glad nobody steals those--I probalby wouldn't recover them :) ). The computer is generally playing Thousand Foot Krutch/38th Parallel/Switchfoot.

Dan

You goin to conerstone this year?

This dates me

What do I listen to?

BEATLES, Steeley Dan, Dave Mathews etc.

I got to rate the Beatles number one just like VHI does but then again I can remember seening them on Ed Sullivan. I fly with people who were born after they broke up have never heard of Ed Sullivan and think that Steeley Dan is old.

They are, both Fagan and Becker, but they have a new one out called "Everything must go" that's great. If your a Dan Fan.

I'm gettin old.

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a bananna"
Groucho Marx

Notice that besides Buffet there is NO country.

Buffett ain't country!

TX_Pilot and the other Texas music dude....You guys gotta check out Cooder Graw and Roger Creager!!!! If you cats are in the area, send me a message and we'll do Gruene, Saengerhalle, or Floores.

Texas Dancehall Music: Other stuff:

Cooder Graw AM radio
Roger Creager (Phil Hendrie)
Pat Green 60's Motown
Django Walker Skynrd
Radney Foster Zepplin
Cory Morrow BB King
Jason Boland Clapton
Willie, Waylon, and the boys White Zombie
Jerry Jeff the list goes on
Gary P. Nunn
Robert Earl Keene
George Strait
Tommy Alverson

....And the ways of life through a Shiner Bock bottle make me wanna turn the key and put down the throttle....Get lost down 35.

In addition to what much of what has been mentioned;

DCI (those that know, know, those that don't, doesn't matter)
Hector Berlioz
Ottorino Respighi
Aaron Copland
Paul Hindemith
Karl Husa
Ron Nelson
Percy Grainger
Leonard Bernstein
John Williams
Modest Mussorsky
Frank Zappa
Public Enemy