what do you listen to?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Evanescence, Dido, Avril, Cardigans, Dixie Chicks, Bach, Enrique, Natalie Imbruglia, The Wallflowers

Cliff
GRB

Megaherz, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Warren Zevon, Joan Armatrading, The Raspberries, Jon Luc Ponty, Spyro Gyra, Pat Metheny, some Wagner and some Gershwin.

Atpcliff, you listen to too much chick music.

Some of my favorites growing up.

-Hot Water Music

-Piebald

-Get Up Kids

-Keepsake

-Shai Hulud

-Jimmy Eat World

-Mr. T Experience

They were all great bands but some of them I won’t listen to anymore (due to negativity in their songs). Others still make into my song lists occasionally!

But for the most part I have discovered a bunch of new bands that are amazing and spend most of my time listening to them. I just got "The Beautiful Mistake" Cd today and boy do they ROCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

I just switched gears to some punk.... Playing: Descendents, All, Black Flag, Ramones, and a little known Wisconsin Band called Vesicular Basalt

skyking1976 said:
nope... where are they from?

I think Cali somewhere. I just got the "artist in the ambulance" cd today. It is quite good. Very innovative. This is a new venture for me, since I don't have any of their old albums nor have I ever seen them play. I heard good things about their music and decided to check out some samples on their website. Seemed to have a nice flavor so I bought the CD. I brought it (Thrice) up because they have a punk and roll sound that you might like, judging from some of the bands you listed above. Not that Thrice sounds like any of those bands you mentioned but if you like the sounds of those above bands I would think you might like Thrice. You can check out some samples here

Here is the main site THRICE

They bring in a little hard edge sound with melodic punk which I find to be very cool and creative. Their lyrics may seem kinda weird, even a little morbid maybe. But if you read them carefully you will find they are very encouraging and positive. Also they (the lyrics) are subjective to each person, so you can really use the songs for good frameworks of thoughts. All in all a good band, lots of talent, and very creative.

BTW-- Sorry to be getting so technical about music but it is Sunday afternoon, I have nothing better to do, and I am a music geek I guess. If you do check them out let me know what you think.

Last edited:
I saw Dream Theater was mentioned so somebody has good taste. I didn't read this whole thread but I bet 99% of you haven't heard of Spock's Beard (note the screen name has nothing to do with Star trek!). If you like DT, Queensryche, King's X, Yes, or maybe even Pink Floyd you might like Spock's Beard. Its too bad they're lead singer just got god in a big way and quit the band.

SpocksBeard said:
I saw Dream Theater was mentioned so somebody has good taste. I didn't read this whole thread but I bet 99% of you haven't heard of Spock's Beard (note the screen name has nothing to do with Star trek!). If you like DT, Queensryche, King's X, Yes, or maybe even Pink Floyd you might like Spock's Beard. Its too bad they're lead singer just got god in a big way and quit the band.

why is that too bad?:confused:

Latest resources

Back