Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you like best about your fractional aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

A couple of questions for you fractional pilots out there (NJA, Flexjet, CS, FLOPS and Avantair).

Since many of us continue to evaluate the fractionals and we hear about hiring into one type of aircraft vs. another, it would be helpful to hear what you like about your current fractional aircraft. I'd rather not talk about the pay issue or why one fractional company is better than the other... Any insights you can provide would be appreciated.

Some questions:

1. What do you like best about your current aircraft?

2. If you could choose another aircraft in your fractional fleet (lateral move - not a jump in pay), what would that be and why?

3. Would you recommend your current aircraft/fleet to newhires if they had a choice? Why or why not?

Thanks again for your comments - I am sure many of us will appreciate them and take them into consideration as we evaluate the fractional landscape...

Last edited:
Seniorty, seniority, seniority.

Basically there is the Ultra/400XP BeechJunk...

there's everything inbetween...

and there is the Falcon.

There is your ranking

FLYLOW22 said:
Seniorty, seniority, seniority.

Basically there is the Ultra/400XP BeechJunk...

there's everything inbetween...

and there is the Falcon.

There is your ranking

Although I appreciate your point about seniority, that's not what I am looking for. Sounds like you might be jaded - and that's really too bad. That's not helpful. In this case, I'd like to hear about peoples' thoughts about their specific aircraft - note the questions I asked. Do me a favor, if you don't want to answer seriously, please avoid this post. There are a lot of people like myself who are interested in the fractional business and I would appreciate any insight that can be provided.

Thanks

Actually, his post was spot on.

1. There are the non-apu aircraft.

2. The apu aicraft.

3. The flight attendant aircraft.

You try to move from number 1 to number 3.

Bebop said:
Actually, his post was spot on.

1. There are the non-apu aircraft.

2. The apu aicraft.

3. The flight attendant aircraft.

You try to move from number 1 to number 3.

How about answering the speicific questions in terms of your aircraft type? Why is that difficult? Don't answer if you want to waste our time. Seriously - I am not asking for much.

Next time I'll avoid asking these questions. I know that I am not alone in better understanding what people like/dislike about corporate jets - I have never flown Lears, Hawkers, Beechjets, Citations, P180s, etc. and I am interested to know more before I make the jump. I should have known not to ask these questions.

I'm currently in the BeechJet 400A / Hawker 400XP. About the only redeaming thing I can find after 3.5 years is the Collins avionics.

Having come out of a stand-up cabin with lav and FA, the BeechJet is incredibly small when doing a 2.5-3 hour leg and you are over 6' tall. Plus the poor performance, roll spoilers, back breaking baggage area, etc.

If I had my choice, I would go to the Hawker 800XP. Small baggage area and the cabin is big enough to stretch your legs on a 4 or 5 hour leg.

I would recommend something other than the BeechJet to a new hire, but as we all know, you usually don't have much say in the airframe as a new hire.

Hmmmm Beechjet..
No Single Point (no quick turns), Small baggage area (cant carry lots of bags), limited range (no long flights), limited performance (challenging to say the least)
The negative points...no APU, no Stand up cabin (but if it had those, then the above points would be negated).
The biggest negative...internal service lav.

Ah yes, the honey pot. That is the reason to always, and I mean always, load the lav full of bags and strap them in.

If I can make the leg, so can the pax.

Oh yes, the 800XPC is very nice. After being cramped in any of the Citations for a while the Hawker cockpits are mighty fine. The Pro line avionics are a nice touch too.

Flight Attendants, some see them as more trouble than good. However, is it worth putting up with an FA to get to fly the Falcon? Tough call.

johnsonrod said:
Although I appreciate your point about seniority, that's not what I am looking for. Sounds like you might be jaded - and that's really too bad.
Thanks

I'm not sure why you took the post as jaded. Are you a sensitive pony tail man?

Most of the planes we fly are 37,000 lbs down to 16,300 lbs. There is not alot of difference in pay.

Take the first rig offered is my opinion. If it's the Falcon, get it. If it's the Ultra, fine. Seniority is king of this castle and upgrades are what it's all about.

For whatever it's worth, I enjoy going to work most of the time. I've flown big and fast and littel and slow. There are pros and cons to each but if you are good at thinking on your toes (and not jaded) you'll do fine in whatever rig you're assigned.

Again... seniorty, seniority, seniority. This company will work you regardless of what bird you are on. We have something like 14 different types...

The NetJets website at www.netjets.com can give you basic info about all of the types.

Latest resources

Back