Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you like best about your fractional aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any Options Legacy Pilots Out There?

I'd love to hear what the Flight Options pilots think about the Legacy. Especially after transitioning out of the GIV, CL601, etc. I currently fly the E145 for a regional and it is not a bad aircraft to fly. It handles well overall but I believe it was designed for 2-hour flights up front (sure feels like it) - thankfully my route structure is limited so I am not tortured much in terms of long flights.

Any Options guys out there who would care to share their impressions of the Legacy? I am sure they are flying more than 2 hours at a time in that aircraft...

johnsonrod said:
A couple of questions for you fractional pilots out there (NJA, Flexjet, CS, FLOPS and Avantair).

Since many of us continue to evaluate the fractionals and we hear about hiring into one type of aircraft vs. another, it would be helpful to hear what you like about your current fractional aircraft. I'd rather not talk about the pay issue or why one fractional company is better than the other... Any insights you can provide would be appreciated.

Some questions:

1. What do you like best about your current aircraft?

2. If you could choose another aircraft in your fractional fleet (lateral move - not a jump in pay), what would that be and why?

3. Would you recommend your current aircraft/fleet to newhires if they had a choice? Why or why not?

Thanks again for your comments - I am sure many of us will appreciate them and take them into consideration as we evaluate the fractional landscape...

Dude- Sounds like your a fence sitter and not really asking the right questions. Realize this- you will be turning not only left but also right when you get into the airplane, yes, it's more work than your used to but the rewards are greater and it's what you make of it! It beats flying for a money losing airline anyday, and I make sure I have fun.

You apply here and they offer you a position on xxxx fleet? (and they will, take it or leave it) you going to turn it down because? What you thinkin' Willis? worry about learning your new a/c when you start collecting a paycheck. Once your inside you will have time to figure what plane YOU want to be in.

Get in, get on-line and run your seat lock out- then decide what type rating you want to get next for free! Why rot as a SIC on a Falcon? seat lock over, bid out to another a/c to make captain pay.

As my brother said before- senority, senority, senority. Did I mention QOL? Are you getting a 50% 401K match? You can't beat it here at NJA. It's a jet and they all fly about the same.

Dont worry about getting the Ultra they havent hired into it since late NOV/DEC. I think right now everyone is being offered Excel and up here. You will fly with A-teams in any fleet here more so in the Big jets. One of the problems that I've seen is having to fly with a low experienced Captain a couple times just not to sure of themselves but you have to remember if you are a captain coming from an airline remember it's there show some "alot" dont even want to swap out seats on the non rev legs "gotta be an ego thing" we do have our fair share of tools here in every fleet maybe someone here can expand on that "IDIOT CAPTAIN" in the Ultra that took a plane out of AZ with no working AC and owners on a 110 degree day? now that Jerk off needs to lose his J.O.B

popgoesbubble said:
Dont worry about getting the Ultra they havent hired into it since late NOV/DEC. I think right now everyone is being offered Excel and up here.

Not true. A friend of mine interviewed two weeks ago and was offered the Encore. Much of the rest of his interview group did get the X, though, if I recall correctly. As for the Ultra, the forecast seems to be new-hires into it around Nov of this year.

Guitar Guy said:
Not true. A friend of mine interviewed two weeks ago and was offered the Encore. Much of the rest of his interview group did get the X, though, if I recall correctly. As for the Ultra, the forecast seems to be new-hires into it around Nov of this year.

The Encore was an anomoly due to the fleet split.

All of the larger aircraft are filling SIC positions to replace all of the bypassers who are taking what upgrades they can get ASAP.

Latest resources

Back